Topic: Friday the thirteenth remake sequel.

Looks like there may very well be a sequel to the remake.
As far as I can tell it hasn't been green lit yet.
But a release date of 8-13-2010 has been tentatively set.
Most likely in 3D.
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/33830/ … 3th-remake

Re: Friday the thirteenth remake sequel.

Yay another installment of FT13 (help me), what wonderful exciting news this is for horror fans (kill me) how could this possibly be worse than the other remake (please just end the suffering now)... yay... roll

How could it be worse?
Imagine Jason Vs Jigsaw.:(:lol:

Yeah.  Since this will be the 13th film in the Friday the 13th series, I think they should wait a year or two to film it and release it January 3rd 2013 so the date is 1/3/13 lol

Cool news.  Looking forward to it.

I don't think I could be any less interested.  I haven''t even seen the remake yet! neutral

Next is Saw 11 where Jigsaw has all the horror icons attached to the wheel of death.

I love the remake and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

bring it on! but no 3D please

It'lll be interesting to see where this take us with Jason.

I think Suspiria and I are the only ones who loved the remake.  I do have to agree with Justin, though.  They need to wait.  To wait for a date, I don't know about that, but they need to give it a bigger window.  The sequel has been green lit for some time now as Derick Mears has been talking about what and where he wants to go with Jason in the next movie.  If they can tone down on the mainstream music a little, add more orchestral stuff to the movie....it would be a fantastic piece of art. 
Who doesn't love the line, "your tits are stupendous"  It's classic

Loved the remake.  Will definitely go see another one if it has at least some of the same people working on it.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

I think Suspiria and I are the only ones who loved the remake.  I do have to agree with Justin, though.  They need to wait.  To wait for a date, I don't know about that, but they need to give it a bigger window.  The sequel has been green lit for some time now as Derick Mears has been talking about what and where he wants to go with Jason in the next movie.  If they can tone down on the mainstream music a little, add more orchestral stuff to the movie....it would be a fantastic piece of art. 

I just bought the remake having caught up with all the others but haven't watched it yet. I heard it could have easily been a sequel rather than a remake.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

I liked it too.

I know a lot of horror fans that liked it. It's good for what it is, a pointless slasher movie with good kills and lots of boobs. Can't go wrong with that.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I know a lot of horror fans that liked it. It's good for what it is, a pointless slasher movie with good kills and lots of boobs. Can't go wrong with that.

That's why I never understood when people said they hated it before they even saw it.  Because it's a remake?

Most likely.

the first remake did absolutely NOTHING for me
I predict this one will have 2 times the effect wink

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

"your tits are stupendous"  It's classic

Best part of the movie imo, one which sparked a great debate whether such a gratuitous sex scene was needed in a horror film.
But I digress, I did not hate the remake, it had its fun moments, but I did not see the need to make one.  I mean they did not bring anything new so it was like what's the point. That being said, I will definitely check out the sequel to the remake when it hits DVD.

I liked the friday the 13th remake too, most remakes suck but rob zombies halloween and friday the 13th were cool. I wiould like to see a sequal to the remake.

aceofspades70 wrote:

Next is Saw 11 where Jigsaw has all the horror icons attached to the wheel of death.

That actually sounds more interesting than the next couple Saw movies.....

I liked the remake quite a lot, thought they did a good job on it so a 2nd film is ok by me.

jmh314 wrote:

Yeah.  Since this will be the 13th film in the Friday the 13th series, I think they should wait a year or two to film it and release it January 3rd 2013 so the date is 1/3/13 lol

Yeah!.. And that would also be the date of the end of the world!! lol

I wasn't too impressed with the Friday the 13th remake. Some scenes were really cool, however, some needed something more.

We needed more creative kills. The girls in the sleeping bag over the fire was a fantastic kill!!! We need more creative kills like that! And I also think they should have made a little better use of the wood chipper near the end.

But I thought Derek Mears was a fantastic Jason, and I'm glad he will play Jason again.
I'm really not a huge fan of Friday the 13th remake, but I will go see part 2, for hope of something better.

The Creature wrote:

The girls in the sleeping bag over the fire was a fantastic kill!!!.

That it was.:lol: