Topic: Trick R Treat Sequel in the Pipes, Buy the Movie for $14

Trick R Treat is getting rave reviews from horror fans and it has an extremely impressive 86.25% approval rating based off of 8 reviews by fans and staff of this site. Today Ankman writes into tell us that according to BD a sequel is being plann...

Read More : Trick R Treat Sequel in the Pipes, Buy the Movie for $14

Re: Trick R Treat Sequel in the Pipes, Buy the Movie for $14

I think a new Trick r Treat anthology every three or four years would be great! There's lots of great stories one can tell about Halloween!

I would love to see another Trick R Treat Movie...  I just bought my copy

MistressOf Horror wrote:

I would love to see another Trick R Treat Movie...  I just bought my copy

Great atmosphere, fun storyline/interweaving...loved it, agree with Mistress (like all the time) wink

agreed! awsome

I would love to see this turn into a franchise as well...way better than the Saw films that come out every October!
If you go to the director for Trick r Treat' Myspace page there is an interview posted in which he states he already has a script in works for a sequel...all I can say is Awsome!

Lets just hope the studio releases this one instead of sitting on it for years.  Morons.

I loved Trick R Treat and would love to see a sequel.

mdc666 wrote:

Lets just hope the studio releases this one instead of sitting on it for years.  Morons.

True that!

I imagine that it will always be a direct to video type of franchise...it wouldn't make much sense releaseing a sequel to theaters when the origianl did not get the same treatment...can anyone think of an instance where this has happend ever?

Buy it for $14?  No thanks, I'm happy having just rented it.

I agree it had a great halloween atmosphere and setting and some good FX, but I thought most the stories seriously sucked ass.  Disjointed, nonsensical, and overall just downright boring.  I really dont understand how everyone is getting so retarded for this film other than "it feels just like Halloween of my childhood" or  "it's the perfect halloween setting".  It's definately not perfect, not even close.  And stop comparing it to Creepshow people.  Seriously you're making me want to vomit by saying that

jmh314 wrote:

Buy it for $14?  No thanks, I'm happy having just rented it.

I agree it had a great halloween atmosphere and setting and some good FX, but I thought most the stories seriously sucked ass.  Disjointed, nonsensical, and overall just downright boring.  I really dont understand how everyone is getting so retarded for this film other than "it feels just like Halloween of my childhood" or  "it's the perfect halloween setting".  It's definately not perfect, not even close.  And stop comparing it to Creepshow people.  Seriously you're making me want to vomit by saying that

How is it not like Creepshow? I mean it adopts the same format...only difference is that it all takes place on one night in the same town...the director himself is quoted as saying that Creepshow was one of his major influences for the film...and the fact that the majority of the horror community likes this film makes you want to vomit?!  Isn't that a bit extreme?  I mean it not like a Saw film or a horrible remake...

Aidan13 wrote:

and the fact that the majority of the horror community likes this film makes you want to vomit?!  ...

No if you re-read what I said, I said comparing it to Creepshow makes me sick.  I dont care that people liked it, I just dont understand why.

Creepshow blows this film out of the water and is a much different beast than trick r treat.  Trick r Treat should be compared more to The Company of Wolves and just leave Creepshow out of the equation.  I just hate when something is an anthology and must immediately be compared to the gold standard of the genre.  Compare it to Creepshow 3 maybe but just leave Creepshow out of it.   lol

Too bad I had to pay 25 for the Blu Ray, but it's worth it and I'll buy the sequel too.  This was one of those movies that I'll put into the cult favorites because you like it or hate it.

Bought the dvd too! Love the film!  smile

Bring on the sequel! No doubt WB will be re evaluating their thinking after the retarded 2 year shelving decision!

i thought it was a very cool movie, everyone is sick of the serial killer movies, and we need new blood once in awhile...i thought they were idiots for holding on to this movie for so long...

lol you need to fix the BD link it doesnt work...here's  the link.  http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17634

Last edited by jscarp73 (2009-10-10 05:04:25)

Loved the first one!  Can't wait to see the next - hope it doesn't take so long this time

Just watched the movie last night! It was a fun a movie.. not that scary hehe.. but I have a couple of unanswered questions... did they ever mention the name "Sam" in the movie? How do we know that little guy's name is Sam? Also, didn't really get why he just walked away near the end when he stabbed the chocolate bar. Can anybody enlighten me? Thanks