Topic: New Evil Dead Release

Anyone know what the story is with this *new* release in December?

Here's the Amazon.com page:

http://www.amazon.com/Evil-Dead-Betsy-B … amp;sr=1-1

Extras? Looks like this edition runs 85 minutes - a whole 4 minutes more than the recent Blu-ray release.

Re: New Evil Dead Release

Another Evil Dead edition?

1 disc, There is a one disc already! Gawd im tired of this milking. hmm come on anchor bay

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2009-10-16 23:43:55)

I'm sick of them releasing the same movies over and over when there are a ton of good horror movies that still haven't gotten a DVD release.

Evil Dead isn't on Blu ray.  Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are.  I can't wait for the day The Evil Dead comes to Blu Ray, that's gonna look so good.  I just watched Army of Darkness on Blu Ray and it was FANTASTIC quality.

you primitive screwheads with your Plain Jane DVD players!! tongue

This doesn't appear to be a Blu Ray release.  It's yet another in the long line of Evil Dead DVD releases.

I have Evil Dead 2 on Blu-ray and it's crap. It's identical to the DVD. Just like most other old horror movies that are on blu-ray. The Black Christmas Blu-ray is the same way. Unless it's a new release, blu-rays look the same as regular DVD's.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I have Evil Dead 2 on Blu-ray and it's crap. It's identical to the DVD. Just like most other old horror movies that are on blu-ray. The Black Christmas Blu-ray is the same way. Unless it's a new release, blu-rays look the same as regular DVD's.

I have a very high quality tv and I can really tell the difference.  Maybe that's because I sold HDTVS for 3 years ago to present day and have seen side by side differences.  Even putting  aDVD in my blu ray player then putting the blu ray copy, it's a world of difference

it's true sus,

for example, finally we can see the inside of John Carpenter's Christine the way it was originally intended.

http://www.coolfunpics.com/slides/Funny_Car_Interior_Colors.jpg

Big difference, huh? lol

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-10-17 00:59:57)

Gotta love acid lol

Gardenofstone10 wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

I have a very high quality tv and I can really tell the difference.  Maybe that's because I sold HDTVS for 3 years ago to present day and have seen side by side differences.  Even putting  aDVD in my blu ray player then putting the blu ray copy, it's a world of difference

I own three tv's and all of them are HD. Two plasma's and one LCD. I can't tell a diffrence, maybe it's just me. But even if the picture quality is better, I'm not paying more. All of the companies can shove the blu-rays up their greedy assess

I"m not a big fan of buying shit like comedies on blu ray, that you can tell the difference, but it's in shit like people's faces...comedians aren't the prettiest people....but horror and action movies are fantastic.  Dark Knight, Iron Man, Pirates are some of the best