Topic: GhostHouse Dvds

Have any of you had a chance to see the new releases ? I rented The Thaw and The Children ( also wrote a review ) I was not impressed with The Thaw at all.. but I did like The Children

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2009-10-26 12:52:12)

Re: GhostHouse Dvds

seventh moon was ok but in my opinion it's nothing too special

I watched The Thaw a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty good.  Like it more than The Last Winter which was another "Eco-horror" movie. 
I watched Seventh Moon last night and thought it was just okay.  I thought that the plot was pretty cool and original, cool looking baddies, but it was so dark and the shakey cam was unnecessary and way over done.  It was hard to tell what was going on most of the time.
I have heard good things about The Children, so it is near the top of my queue.

The Children and The Thaw are the best.  Offspring and Seventh Moon pissed me off and sucked really, really badly.  The Thaw is like a modern day The Thing.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

The Children and The Thaw are the best.  Offspring and Seventh Moon pissed me off and sucked really, really badly.  The Thaw is like a modern day The Thing.

I agree with you. The Thaw reminded me so much of the storyline from The Thing..

The biggest thing about The Thaw that I liked was Val Kilmer's performance.  He's done such shitty action B movies lately and it's time he kicked it up a notch.  He did a perfect job in this movie.

I haven't seen the Children, but I hated Offspring, The Thaw and Seventh Moon.

The Thaw was ghost house! yikes I really enjoyed it!