Topic: Which version of the hitcher is best (new or Old)

I've seen both and I favour the older version, Rutger Hauer just has it as the cold unforgiving killer, Sean Bean - well, too mainstream, not as convincing for me

what do you think???

Re: Which version of the hitcher is best (new or Old)

The original.  Sure the remake was good but it lacked the intensity the original had.   The remake was more about gore.

The original.  I didn't like the remake.

I'm gonna rent the remake this weekend if it's out on dvd yet.

I have to say I am on the fence on this one I liked them both and letting Sophia Bush (you have to love that name) kick some major ass was a plus for me but I am a big Rutger fan too

RIP wrote:

I'm gonna rent the remake this weekend if it's out on dvd yet.

Its out bro, its on sale at Best Buy for $17.99

the re-make had its moments but the original is still better imo.

i went with the remake just to be a rebel. i actualy really enjoyed the remake

Meh wrote:

i went with the remake just to be a rebel. i actualy really enjoyed the remake

i liked the re-make (espically the cop car chase) but there is somthing missing from the orignal that i cant put my finger on. maybe cause i was 14 and watched it w/ my dad so its more than just a movie memory.

Like always I have to go with the original!

Original.....Rutger Hauer wasn't as bad ass as Sean Bean; but the guy hit a 10 out of 10 on the creep-o-meter.  I liked the ending of the first one better than I did this remake.  Also...I hate Jennifer Jason Leigh and I loved it when she was killed.

By far the original...Rutger Hauer is just more believable a deranged pyschopathic killer. If you question that....just watch Blade Runner for further proof.

Original hands down.  Only reason to see the remake for me is because I have loved all of Sean Bean's work from the Sharpe Series, Patriot Games, Bravo Two-Zero, LOTR...

The coolest part in the remake though, IMO...is when the two "heroes" are being pursued by the police, then all of a sudden NiN starts playing and here comes Sean Bean in a super up classic muscle car....you knew shit was gonna go down right there.

the original - Rutger!

I liek the remake better cuz 1 Sophia Bush is smoking hot in this movie and I liek Sean Bean as the Hitcher i rather watch the remake since its better on the gore side and the action side He could out 3 cops cars and a helicopter well not rly the Helicopter but he did chased it away hes a rly bad ass the only down side is We didnt get to see Sophia naked in the shower ={ and i didnt liek  that cry baby bullshit her b/f was doing good thign he died and i think thats A great ending when Sophia blows ryders head off awesome good shit

sickf**k wrote:

I liek the remake better cuz 1 Sophia Bush is smoking hot in this movie and I liek Sean Bean as the Hitcher i rather watch the remake since its better on the gore side and the action side He could out 3 cops cars and a helicopter well not rly the Helicopter but he did chased it away hes a rly bad ass the only down side is We didnt get to see Sophia naked in the shower ={ and i didnt liek  that cry baby bullshit her b/f was doing good thign he died and i think thats A great ending when Sophia blows ryders head off awesome good shit

I thought the ending was stupid...and you never really knew why Bean was killing people...obviously he wanted to die, but I wanted a real motive.  I was hoping Bean would've shot Sophia in the face and walked away, leaving room for a pointless sequel. 

**I did enjoy the part when Sean Bean shot Neal McDonough in the face**

Last edited by DeathbyHighKick (2007-05-05 14:52:56)

How dare you kill Sophia!!! j/k but i got a question does anyone know that song thats playign when Ryder takes out the cop cars and helicopter its a cool song and i cant find out what it is sooo plz leave some feedback ASAP

"closer" by nine inch nails

Guh.. I didn't vote.. I haven't seem the remake for obvious reasons.. More WB actors running away from a actor who is WAY too well known to ever come across as anything but everything else he has done..

The original really wasn't that great in my opinion.. Although I am surprised no one mentioned C. Thomas Howell.. I thought he did a great job in that movie.. and I don't care how much gore they put in the remake it will never top the "Finger Fry"..

hybrid moments wrote:

"closer" by nine inch nails

thanks alot