Topic: Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark

Does anyone else remember the children’s book series "Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark" by Alvin Schwartz and illustrated by Stephen Gammell?

There must be a fan base because they keep reprinting them in special sets. If you’re not familiar do yourself a favor if you have kids or not and pick them up. They are collection of great campfire tales, some of which like one about a scarecrow that comes to life is truly scary. And the artwork is fantastic, worthy of a coffee table book all its own.

Re: Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark

Is that the one that has the tale of " The Furry Collar "  ???  thats a good one !!

Never heard of these stories but interested now smile Thanks Swollen big_smile

MistressOf Horror wrote:

Is that the one that has the tale of " The Furry Collar "  ???  thats a good one !!

I believe that one was from the kids book “Tales for the Midnight Hour"  which is also great.
Furry collar: Good story too lots of build up and imagery scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. Not enough headless walking corpses in kid’s stories today.

Last edited by swollenguy (2009-11-10 14:20:35)

swollenguy wrote:
MistressOf Horror wrote:

I believe that one was from the kids book “Tales for the Midnight Hour"  which is also great.
Furry collar: Good story too lots of build up and imagery scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. Not enough headless walking corpses in kid’s stories today.

you are soooo right !!