Topic: Craigslist Flooded with CHEAP Xbox360's

Seems that Microsoft has decided to ban a boat load of people who have modded XBOX360's from Xbox Live. According to CNET as many as 1 million XBOX360 machines are now not able to get onto XBOX LIVE because they were modded.
This clearly sucks the b...

Read More : Craiglist Flooded with CHEAP Xbox360's

Re: Craigslist Flooded with CHEAP Xbox360's

Anybody willing to wager that once they've all replaced their modded xboxes a hack will be released that allows them back on? lol:lol:
Or Microsoft will say "Ah what the hell, lets let them play anyway" and un ban modded boxes lol:lol::lol:

I just read that Walmart is selling them for $200 and you get a $100 in store merchandise coupon.

That's stupid.  Xbox Live is 80% of why I play on the Xbox.  I heard this on BBC radio yesterday and just was pissed off.  Oh well.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

That's stupid.  Xbox Live is 80% of why I play on the Xbox.  I heard this on BBC radio yesterday and just was pissed off.  Oh well.

I don't understand. You're pissed they banned gamers who modded their system to play games illegally?

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

But there's also the small percentage who just want the console for the games. I do want the X Box because there are several games I cannot get on the other consoles that I can get on this. Usually the high prices means this is not a choice for me, so this is actually a little piece of joy for me and might seriously consider getting one. smile I really have no interest in the online functions.

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-11-12 13:47:16)

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Hang on a second....how the hell do you get BBC radio in Michigan?

Sirius Sattelite Radio.  My boss used to live in England so keeps up on things and listens to the music they play.  It's pretty cool.  Except they repeat themselves often so I heard about a 5 and 7 year old boy being raped like 10 times throughout my 8 hour shift yesterday.  It was awesome.

I am not pissed that people pirate games.  I'm not pissed the systems are being resold without the capability of being on Xbox live...I'm pissed that people are being banned.  How much profit are they really losing from people pirating the games.  Chances are they weren't going to buy it anyways, this way just gives people without money a chance to play their game.  I don't condone personally pirating video games but that's because I have a video rental store that rents every game for 1 dollar..  These people shell out SO much money for the Xbox, SO much for the games, SO much for downloadable content, SO much for the Xbox Live service...we get nothing free as Xbox users.  People who find a cheaper way get punished?  Fuck Microsoft. 

That being said, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is one of the best games ever!

I use to like Xbox 360, then I got a PS3 and saw how awesome it was and pretty much forgot about 360 lol.

The only reason I care about online play is because I can watch Netflix On Demand.  Other then that, based on my experience playing multi-player games, I'm not too enthused about about doing anything else.  Too much immaturity.  I have a difficult time dealing with 10 year olds.

So a modded xbox means you can play pirated games?

Not necessarily OneBadSeed, Modding means a lot of things but in order to play pirated games, you do need to mod your system as right out of the box, there is some censor that detects proper discs, something like that

Ha, yeah I heard over a million people were banned.  Maybe if Microsoft stopped charging for everything people wouldn't try to mod their systems.  Everything, down to avatar clothing (which use to be free) costs money.