Topic: Child's Play Remake

word id Brad Dourif is set to be the voice of Chucky in the new remake and that they are planning to tone down the humor and make it more scary

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2009-10-16 13:53:47)

Re: Child's Play Remake

That is great news, Now I am really looking forward to this movie,

Hopefully it will turn out to be pretty good.

With Brad on board I have high hopes

I can't wait for this!

NOT lol  the originals were a pain in the scrotum so this I cant even imagine the pain lol

I admit I love the Chucky movies. Kind of my love affair in the horror genre so them remaking it? I'm not really hopeful. Even Dourif coming on board doesn't raise high hopes, given I am biased and love the cheese of the past movies, I am not excited for this piece of news. hmm

yeah me either, I've enjoyed most of them - most especially the original and I've got a hard spot for Tilly which helped the last couple entries LOL
a remake though - pass.

The original was OK up to the point when Dourif spewing his spew then after that it just went pooch to me. I never been a fan of childs play.

Make him a clown doll this time.  The movie may actually be scary.  I was annoyed that later entries turned him into an anti-hero.

I loved the original Child's Play films. smile

With the remake, well, I don't really want a remake. But with Brad Douriff (who is absolutely great) aboard, there is definitely hope for this film.

Wouldn't mind seeing this movie remade.

Not another stupid remake why are they remaking all of the good films and spoiling them. There are some good remakes like halloween and friday the 13th but most of the are shit.

I think it will be great. I'm never worried when it comes to Childs Play and Chucky. They always come up with something amazing and with Brad on board they can do no wrong smile

Sweet! They really need to make up for that horrible Seed of Chucky

Baby_Firefly wrote:

I think it will be great. I'm never worried when it comes to Childs Play and Chucky. They always come up with something amazing and with Brad on board they can do no wrong smile

I'm with you !!

Not really a fan but i'd maybe check it out.
Chucky vs Puppet Master, Puppet Master every time. smile

Get rid of the humor WHA!?! yikes Seed was more of a comedy than anything, but the others had allot of humor in them, and they were still pretty awesome. Still like anyremake done correctly can be good.

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2009-10-23 16:06:44)

I thought the first Child's Play was fantastic.  The second I didn't much care for, the third even less.  Bride of Chucky was, for me, so awful it made me swear off Seed of Chucky.  I strenuously dislike when a once-scary boogey man is turned into a punchline spouting wise ass.  This is what killed the Elm Street series.  That, and tepid storylines.

I'm up for a remake, just please -- keep the mood like the first one.  No more lame-ass jokes; more ferocious little bastard.

LoudLon wrote:

I thought the first Child's Play was fantastic.  The second I didn't much care for, the third even less.  Bride of Chucky was, for me, so awful it made me swear off Seed of Chucky.  I strenuously dislike when a once-scary boogey man is turned into a punchline spouting wise ass.  This is what killed the Elm Street series.  That, and tepid storylines.

I'm up for a remake, just please -- keep the mood like the first one.  No more lame-ass jokes; more ferocious little bastard.

My thoughts exactly.

u cant b serious.. the original was classic.. it may b gd and it may not be hu knows... but i dnt know how they can redo this hmm but then again i havnt been disapointed wiv a few remakes so far.. AKA halloween and friday 13th

peace out .. zombie killer on rampage!

all I can say is that it can't be worse then Seed of Chucky

excited for this. was a big child's play fan back in the day as a kid. scared the crap outta me. made me think all toys were gonna come to life and kill me...haha. sad

glad to hear they're scrapping the comedy side and going dark again. #1 and #2 i consider a part of the series. after that...it went from bad...to ridiculously bad.

I'm a fan of Chucky and Child's Play. I really like Brad Dourif and that would be sad if he doesn't come back; just has Kane Hodder for FVJ and F13/Robert for the new Nightmare(2010)...
I got doubts about this one...If Brad Dourif come back,  i'll probably go see it. But after the bad experience of F13 and TCM gave me...I just have one thing to say;
***Stop making remakes..do some sequels!***
Oh and a chance Brad did The 3rd sequel/Bride of Chucky and Seed cause they were not as great as i expected. It turned too much funny and ridiculous.

Last edited by D@vid (2009-11-18 12:30:32)

I honestly am opposing of the remake

There going to remake that movie? Cool I hope they do the original justice.