Topic: Dark Shadows (2011) filming in later 2010?

Now that it has been announced "Pirates of the Caribbean 4" will start filming in April or May 2010, I would assume that Johnny Depp will not start filming "Dark Shadows" until later in 2010.
  Tim Burton is busy with post-production of his film "Alice in Wonderland" and is preparing it for release in March 5, 2010.
  I doubt that they would rush into "Dark Shadows" before Johnny Depp was scheduled to begin "Pirates 4".
  The script for "Dark Shadows" is almost finished. They still have to do casting and finalize locations and construct sets.
  Anybody else have any thoughts?

Re: Dark Shadows (2011) filming in later 2010?

I would love to see this. It was a great series. Did they not do a tv remake in 1990 or thereabouts?

Ys. There was a Dark Shadows tv movie in 1990 and became a brief tv series in 1991. Because of the news coverage of the Persian Gulf War, it was pre-empted alot and never quite kept an audience.  Only 12 episodes were made.
  Dan Curtis made a tv pilot in 2004, but it was never was broadcast.
  I was watching the 1991 tv series on imdb.com for free, however I had to stop because the storyline went by so fast, that it was spoiling the storyline for me when I was watching the original Dark Shadows (1966-71) tv series.
  So i quit watching the 1991 version, so I could be surprised with the storyline in the original Dark Shadows.
  I can't wait for the Burton/Depp "Dark Shadows" movie either.  Two years is too long to wait.

You know I hate to say this, as I love Dark Shadows and want a new movie to be made, and I wouid love for the original two movies to be released in DVD so I can get them as well... but I dont want Johnny depp as Barnabus. Watching the movie I will be reminded the entire time it is just Johnny Depp playing a character.  In a movie like the headless horseman I can take it because Icabod is a more generic character but Barnabus is iconic and needs to be played an unknown actor in my opinion.  Tim Burton will either do somethign wonderfully wierd that I will love or make a silly mess of it.  I hope he is does well by it. I understand big names like Depp are sometimes needed to bring these labors of love to the screen.  He is a good actor and all but I dont think I will be able to get as involved in the story with him there.  I have the same issue with Jim Carrey.  When I watch them I see an actor I am familiar with playing a part instead fo forgettign that and being lost in the story.  I will take whatever I can get though dont get me wrong.  I will watch it opening day no matter.

I'm a huge "Dark Shadows" fan and can't wait to see what Tim Burton does with this.  Can you say, Major Franchise?  big_smile

I agree with Vixenella. If this upcoming "Dark Shadows" movie is well cast, professionally filmed and the story line excellent (of course), perhaps it could develop into more films.  I truly hope this will be a serious gothic movie from the original Dark Shadows tv soap opera (1966-71) and not a comedy spoof.   Can't wait to hear of the first news about them beginning to film it.