Re: Wolfman

I'm looking forward to this remake.

Haven't seen the trailer for it yet. My comp can't load videos (well, it can,but it takes a long time) so I'll look for the preview on TV.

Yea Mistress!:P

Last edited by hellrat (2009-11-17 18:43:49)

One of the few valid remakes methinks.

The make-up looks superb (a nice mix of the classic Wolf Man look with 21st century detailing), as do the changing FX (good to have Rick Baker in on this), and the original film could do with a few more kill scenes and werewolf action as well as some fleshing out of the script.

BUT...Not that much fleshing out.
The original is about 70 minutes.
Add another 10 solid extra minutes of werewolf goodies and another 10 extra minutes of plot/character and you have all you need.
A tight 90 minute extended version of the original.
I hope they don't pad this out to nearly 2 hours or something with needless self-indulgence.

42nd Street Freak wrote:

One of the few valid remakes methinks.

The make-up looks superb (a nice mix of the classic Wolf Man look with 21st century detailing), as do the changing FX (good to have Rick Baker in on this), and the original film could do with a few more kill scenes and werewolf action as well as some fleshing out of the script.

BUT...Not that much fleshing out.
The original is about 70 minutes.
Add another 10 solid extra minutes of werewolf goodies and another 10 extra minutes of plot/character and you have all you need.
A tight 90 minute extended version of the original.
I hope they don't pad this out to nearly 2 hours or something with needless self-indulgence.

42nd I checked on this a while ago from what I have found out the running time for the new movies is clocked at 94 minutes. Which would be perfect smile

Creature I have seen the trailer on TV and On Demand has it  under movie trailers ( if you have Cable )

One of the few remakes I'm looking forward to.

Thanks Mistress, but I have Dish.

check out France's new  Wolfman Poster

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o215/mistressofhorror/intlwolfman-poster.jpg

nice smile

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2009-11-19 17:07:40)

MistressOf Horror wrote:

here wolfy, wolfy ,wolfy .......

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz86 … 06a21f.jpg

how did i miss this!? howwwwlllllllllll. i'm coming, i'm coming mistress ! ( i think i just did!);):P

Mistress scratches Wolfy's ears,, rubs his belly   thats a good Wolfy !!

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2009-11-19 17:14:30)

MistressOf Horror wrote:

Mistress scratches Wolfy's ears,, rubs his belly   thats a good Wolfy !!

i think i'm in love!:cool:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RZKWtkUVL0k/SqZZtwPIWqI/AAAAAAAAAS4/qBA52O06nAo/s400/Tex+Avery+wolf+and+red.jpg

uh oh maven's gonna be mad she uses that picture of wolfy and red . i don't mind sharing ,all you ladies on here are such cutie's, oh if only i was a young whippersnapper again:(

youth is really wasted on the young wolfie , Hey Mistress too just saying hi and sendiing love on my way past xxxxxxxx

Puppy !!!   how are you ??  I've missed you !

Puppymonster wrote:

youth is really wasted on the young wolfie , Hey Mistress too just saying hi and sendiing love on my way past xxxxxxxx

PUPPY !!!!!! BLESS YA! rubs belly, blows raspberry on belly, tickles ears. where you been you naughty girl, missed ya. throws ball, presses squeaky toy.

I'm good thanks Mistress , a little busy but good hope your well hun missing you too , and the rest of the crew xxxxxx

I was going to say I'll watch this simply because it has Benicio Del Toro.  Then I saw Hugo Weaving's name on the poster above and decided, fuck that, I'll watch it for him.  Dude's only responsible for one of the great movie villain performances of the last twenty years, for Pete's sake.

Seems this is actually in big trouble.  Two top class editors have been quickly drafted in on it to re-edit the final version. sad

Last edited by 42nd Street Freak (2009-11-19 19:12:07)

what ???

HERE:
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/11/17/top … e-wolfman/

Check out the French trailer;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv_Y1z6l … r_embedded
Better trailer actually. 

More plot and more Wolfman.

Interesting name for Hugo Weaving as well I see...Francis Abberline!!  (NOT Frederick Abberline that the IMDB states)
Could this be based on Frederick Abberline of the 'Jack the Ripper' case?

Last edited by 42nd Street Freak (2009-11-19 19:34:02)

I think the film makers are playing a bit, giving us a fictional version of Detective Abberline, 42nd.  It's an interesting link.  Maybe he's hunting what he thinks is a serial killer.

I'm concerned about this movie.  First the delay in release, which is never a good sign.  Then, the Rick Baker interview, in which he was less then positive.  And now this.  I submitted the story about the editors being hired.  I guess I don't know much about what makes news as I haven't seen it posted.  Anyway,  I'm hoping they have a lot of footage to play around with, because many movies are made by decisions made in the editorial process.