Topic: Watch Bad Ass Short Film Panic Attack!

A little over two weeks ago Uruguayan filmmaker Fede Alvarez posted his short film Panic Attack on YouTube. Now he is becoming a hot commodity in Hollywood and is getting calls from everyone. The reason? Simply watch the short film below and keep in ...

Read More : Watch Bad Ass Short Film Panic Attack!

Re: Watch Bad Ass Short Film Panic Attack!

THAT was awesome.

VERY Impressive cool

It's amazing what one can do cheap these days.  It makes me wonder why more and more money is being spent on movies.  District 9 is a fine example that one doesn't have to spend $200 million dollars to get special special effects.  (And it's strange that I use as an example a picture that cost $30 million, but I guess that's how far things have come).

I'm impressed with the short and would like to see it expanded to feature length.

That really was terrific! big_smile The filmmaker definitely deserves props for that, even more so with such great quality work on a shoe-string budget.

And I'm pretty damn sure I had one of those toy robots when I was younger lol! Had a little flashing screen on its chest and everything....talk about major nostalgia lol. smile

Omfg! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Given that was made on only $300, I am impressed. He evidently has talent in the field and I can see why agents would now be trying to get him on side. For a short that was excellent. Effects aside I have a feeling he does have the heart to get the characterisation working, would love to see what he can do when he gets a proper deal. This will be interesting big_smile

$300?!? Shit, that's impressive.

That was fantastic.  Gotta keep my eyes open for more work from this guy, I hope he gets a deal from this.  I'm very impressed.  Love that piece of music, too.

LivingDeadDoll wrote:

Love that piece of music, too.

Yeah, every time that's used in a film or even a trailer, it's very effective. Don't know why, but it just makes everything that it is used in just a little more badass.

excellent!  the soundtrack worked really well too.  the fx were great for the money spent and the acting was spot on.

Super cool!  I want to see this movie.