Topic: The Hobbit Pt. 1

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT.
From Aceshowbiz.com:
The work on "The Hobbit" has moved on to the next level. A month after Ian McKellen, who is set to reprise his role as Gandalf, informed that the scripts for the two films adapted from J.R.R. Tolkien's novel would be delivered soon, producer Peter Jackson has announced that the script for the first film is complete.

"'The Hobbit' will be two movies and we've written the first script and delivered it to the studio who seem to be happy with it," he said at a press conference ahead of the premiere of his new film "The Lovely Bones". Moreover, the script for "The Hobbit 2" can be expected to be finished soon as Jackson stated, "We're now halfway through the second script and Philippa [Boyens], Fran [Walsh], Guillermo[del Toro] and myself are doing the scripts and having great fun."

Sharing about his experience in writing the script, Jackson claimed, "It was an interesting experience because eight or nine years have passed since we wrote the 'Lord of the Rings' screenplays and I was worried it'd be weird or hard or uncomfortable to go back there." He then added, "But as soon as we started writing the scripts it was fun, actually, and easy."

"The Hobbit" will re-create the scenes of the novel, with additional events that make an impact to "The Lords of the Rings", such as the expulsion of Sauron from Mirkwood by The White Council. The first of the adventure fantasy movie is scheduled for December 2011 U.S. release, while the second film is expected to hit theaters a year later.

Re: The Hobbit Pt. 1

I loved the LOTR films and never thought they could be executed well enough. So glad Jackson proved me wrong. I am looking forward to this movie even more so since I found out Guillermo Del Toro was to be a part of it. With his way of imagery and visualisations and both Toro's and Jackson's way of characterisation, this could be a stunning piece of work.

CANNOT, cannot and cannot wait! big_smile big_smile

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-11-24 21:04:28)

I'm all into it also.

I read The Hobbit novel. It's a classic.

But I don't really think I'm excited for the movies. I didn't really care for the Lord of the Ring movies. They're good films, but they're just not my thing I guess.

This is awesome fucking news !! big_smile:D:D

I do injoy the first film. I just don't really get into these kind of films. But you never know, I may surprise myself and love the hell out of The Hobbit.

It's being reported that Peter Jackson is going to be directing the two Hobbit movies now that del Toro has dropped out.  I was kinda worried when Guillermo dropped out but looks like it will work out for the best.  Plus del Toro needs to get to work on Hellboy 3, I wants to see that shit now.

Last edited by mdc666 (2010-06-25 14:16:08)

i am glad Peter Jackson is intalks
i think he is the only one to get it right to which everyone will be happy with

we dont want it to be a liek the Star wars Prequels and a big mess