Topic: Support One of Our Own: Guntown on DVD

Lee Vervoort is a long time member of our community and its time for horror fans to put their money where their mouth is and support horror by fans and for fans. Gun Town Is Now Available On DVD Nashville, TN (12.01.09) L.A.V. Pictures proudly presen...

Read More : Support One of Our Own: Guntown on DVD

Re: Support One of Our Own: Guntown on DVD

I am thrilled to support one of our own !!!! I will absolutely purchase a copy of this film !! 

Luv ya Acey !!! ~~~

Hey post a trailer big_smilewink

http://www.vimeo.com/6291011

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2009-12-02 16:24:14)

Ya, I could probably do that.

I'll think about it tongue

JK, you know I'll buy a copy. big_smile

Would one of the mods mind making this a sticky so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of threads?

'Grats Ace.

How many people out there can say they Directed (and starred) in a movie?

Best cool

Thanks everyone. Hope to make more for you.

I can't wait to get money so I can get my copy.  Congrats Acey!! Or I guess, because Meh did it, Congratulations Lee!

Just ordered it.  Better be good!  tongue

I want to order it! hmm Not enough money to spare for this and INK this time and when's it coming to the UK?! LOL I will sell my prized doughnuts just to get a copy or if need be sell Mistress to Acey! lol

I will look into it. i just love my acey!

Hey 'Zilla, long time no talky.  How ya doing?

azathoth wrote:

Hey 'Zilla, long time no talky.  How ya doing?

Hi azathoth. I been working a bit of overtime and playing around with my new laptop. Stressing over work as usuall

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

I want to order it! hmm Not enough money to spare for this and INK this time and when's it coming to the UK?! LOL I will sell my prized doughnuts just to get a copy or if need be sell Mistress to Acey! lol

I need to look into that. I can set up UK postage info in minutes thru my system. But didn't you mention something about different types of DVD players?

I need info on this kind of thing so I can sell to foreign markets. Not a big deal really, just setting up postage costs on the site, I mail them out myself.

aceofspades70 wrote:
BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

I need to look into that. I can set up UK postage info in minutes thru my system. But didn't you mention something about different types of DVD players?

I need info on this kind of thing so I can sell to foreign markets. Not a big deal really, just setting up postage costs on the site, I mail them out myself.

Yeah, the UK is DVD Region 2, where as the US and Canada is Region 1.  If you make your discs Region 0 (zero), it will play in any DVD player.  Don't know how you are making your discs, but there should be an option for the region encoding. 

[edit- I mean what type of software you are using to make your DVDs.  Sometimes RZero is also called 'Region Free', in case that helps]

For a full list check out the Wiki
Region Codes for various countries.

Last edited by azathoth (2009-12-04 00:15:22)

Thank you Az, I looked it up and found the list of regions, also why it is done.

I don't really see a problem if it's Region 0 with GT, especially since there seem to be "region free" DVD palyers floating around. I emailed my rep and asked him what these are coded as. I'm going to ask my editor as well to see what he did.

If they are in fact Region 0, I will open sales up all over the world. I guess that would be the thing to do.

edit: I have also sent a copy to Netflix for review. Hopefully they'll accept and I can get it into the rental market.

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2009-12-04 00:23:13)

aceofspades70 wrote:

Acey stuff.

The region coding is mostly for the big studios, as you have learned.  I think you're  independent, so you can do whatever you want as far as the codes go, I think.  Your rep should know.

Glad I could help.

due to me being so freaking cool ace has already put a copy of it in the mail for me big_smile big_smile big_smile

(well, due to that, and I one his little contest too)  LOL

can't wait to check this out....and it better be good, after all I want my money's worth!! wink

thanks again, ace! (I think tongue )

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-12-04 00:45:08)

BTK...good news, I did some extensive research, (about 5 minutes worth, lol) and found out that Gun Town is a "Region 0" DVD!!!

I'll be setting up postage accommodations for sales soon.

Sent you PM Acey hun wink

well I received my copy of Gun Town (thanks again, ace!) and submitted a review but unfortunately it hasn't been approved yet. However if any of ya'll would like to take a sneak peak at my thoughts on it - here ya go! big_smile

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_7725.htm

(there are some fun extras on the DVD that I didn't mention, too)

support a friend and support independent film making!!

congrats again, ace big_smile

Thanks deadhorse. Glad you enjoyed it.

I'll for sure pick up a copy Ace shit. Rock on can't wait to see it