Topic: Influx of Classic Literature turrned Horror Novels ?!?!?!

Back in april, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies came out putting a new horror twist on a classic love story.  Ever since then I have been seeing a new influx of classic stories turned into horror novels.  Other books I have seen recently that are new:

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Zombie Jim: Mark Twain's Classic with Crazy Zombie  Goodness

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters

The Undead World of Oz: Frank L Baums The Wonderful World of Oz Complete with Zombies and Monster

Anyone seen any other one's or heard of any others?  Also, what classic novels would you like to see with a horror twist?

Re: Influx of Classic Literature turrned Horror Novels ?!?!?!

Steppenwolf, with..yeah, a werewolf.

Tale Of Two Cities....zombies storm the Bastille!!!! and they could burn a few witches along the way wink

" Treasure Island" Long john silver and his men land on an island with a treasure map only to find the island  infested with flesh eating zombies.

I've just finished reading a version of Scrooge where he single-handedly fights off the zombie hordes lol

There is also:
Mr Darcy, Vampyre
Dracula, the Undead

I haven't read either of those yet so I don't know if they are any good but I liked Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

^whats the name of the Scrooge book? That sounds like fun.

Just noticed that War of the Worlds Plus Blood, Guts, and Zombies is also available.   That could be fun too.  I ordered the Oz and Huck Finn books today

Awwww shit!  There is also Robin Hood and Friar Tuck: Zombie Killers   !!!!   I'm sold!

And the company who did the War of the World, Oz, Huck Finn, and Robin Hood horror novels has 3 more in the works:  Emma and the Werewolves(Jane Austen), Dracula vs Zombula (Bram Stoker), and Persuasion....in space! (Jane Austen).   

Looks like this trend is here to stay

I don't like most of those classics as I am not a fan of what women in colonial times did, but adding zombies makes life just better

jmh314 wrote:

^whats the name of the Scrooge book? That sounds like fun.

It's 'I Am Scrooge: A Zombie Story for Christmas' by Adam Roberts.  It was funny and doesn't stick to the 'real' story as much as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies did, ie. HG Wells lets him use his Time Machine lol