Topic: AvP Refused Classification in Australia

A month or so ago, Valve's Left 4 Dead 2 was essentially banned in Australia for being too gruesome.  Valve edited the game for Australian release, removing vast amounts of flying blood as well as having bodies disappear when they hit the ground...

Read More : AvP Refused Classification in Australia

Re: AvP Refused Classification in Australia

Sucks for them. I can't wait to play the game.

When did the Australian ratings board turn into such pussies?  Back who knows when they allowed almost anything to fly.  Now they are more strict than the American ratings board.  Actually, even American ratings aren't strict anymore.  PG-13 movies should be rated R.  Teen games should be M

Last edited by Gardenofstone10 (2009-12-06 02:37:23)

Im glad its gory as hell!!! And Australia should have a adult rating!

Does that mean it can't be shipped into the country?

You'd think with their history of Ozploitation titty flicks and gory films they might be a tad less hypocritical when it came to rating games. I wonder if the game had been made and produced in Australia if they would be marketing it differently and perhaps show a little more leniency.

hellrat wrote:

Does that mean it can't be shipped into the country?

Yup as technically it'd be breaking the law.

^^ Hasn't stopped people from shipping L4D 2 into Australia tho.

pR1m3vil wrote:

^^ Hasn't stopped people from shipping L4D 2 into Australia tho.

They can only inspect so many packages coming into the country.
Something like this I imagine they would just confiscate it,I can't imagine them beating your door down and dragging you out in chains.

Last edited by hellrat (2009-12-06 20:19:24)

Well once again, I said technically speaking.  Practically speaking, wouldn't be surprised if some Aussies who go on vacation to the US bring it back or just order from outside the country.

lol .. this makes me really want to check it out to be honest...

So there is no such thing as 'unrated'?  I don't know about video games, but in the US you can release an unrated movie.  Good luck finding anyone to show it or stock it in a rental store, but you can do it.  Pretty sure video games through the internet can be unrated.

East to do- provide ID proving you're an adult, buy the unrated whatever.  I also really like the last sentence from Valve's comment.  If someone fashions a Predator arm blade and then rips someone's spine out that way, well 1st they are superhuman and 2nd they were already f'd up in the head.  I kinda doubt a game really had that much impact.

Lesser games have had stronger impacts, some people are really stupid

I'm really pissed about this!! I don't even fucking know when all of a sudden my country became so pathetic. I can't believe they edited the game, how is a little extra blood and some zombie bodies going to change anything??

And what movies like American Psycho are ok by them??

Fuck you Australia, you've gone soft.