Topic: SHUTTER ISLAND from Scorsese

WTF? I can't believe there isn't a thread on here about this film. Looks pretty cool to me. Too bad about the lead role but he's been pretty good in his last couple films so it should be too bad.

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/shutter … -scorsese/

Re: SHUTTER ISLAND from Scorsese

this should be sweet!

There comes a time when great directors deside to make a horror film. And dammit do they try. they put all their great skills and cinematography and what not into the film and the outcome is spectacular. This movie has that possibility since Scorsese is such a great director. The only other movies that come to mind with great directors like these is The Shining. No, I'm not saying this will be as good as The Shining, but it has the potential to be great!

I'm really excited about this movie. We all know how good Scorsese is at what he does and this horror film will hopefully be just great. The trailer looks aewsome by the way.

The film look strange to say the least and I know it is being dubbed a horror film but it looks more like suspense/mystery to me...I guess only time will tell...I will most likely go see it-

I want to read the book first tongue

Aidan13 wrote:

The film look strange to say the least and I know it is being dubbed a horror film but it looks more like suspense/mystery to me...I guess only time will tell...I will most likely go see it-

I'm not sure I'd call it suspense/mystery. It definitely looks to be more along the lines of a good psychological thriller. It will probably fit in nicely with movies like Se7en and Silence of the Lambs... now I just hope that it can come close to how good those 2 movies were.

I read this book and look forward to the movie

I really wanna see it and can't believe it was pushed back to the almost end of February.  Feb. is going to be a sweet month, though