Topic: 2nd Gig... Directing a Commercial

Not really and indie film or anything, but I was just offered the chance to direct a commercial for the same movie theater that premiered Deadlands. I was excited to hear about it and I thought... This is my chance to hone them film making skills.

Most people would say big deal, one commercial, for a small indie 10 theater cineplex. True, but this isn't going to be an average commercial. Yes it will only play locally, but I am going to film it like a movie. Not just four camera set ups with some stupid voice over saying come to such and such theater blah blah blah...

The entire script is based on current films. We are shooting three scripts

1. Zombie Based
2. Action Adventure Movie based
3. TBD
4. The Safe corny boring 4 camera angle commercial that I loathe, but it is to cover my ass and the theaters.

The nice thing is they are giving me complete creative control, so once shooting begins on June 1st i should have all 4 commercials shot by Sunday night and edited by the following friday. big_smile

Once they are done I will send the zombie one to you good folks to check out.

Last edited by DjfunkmasterG (2007-05-09 17:38:00)

Re: 2nd Gig... Directing a Commercial

Sounds nice.. This should also be a nice pay check for you to help fund Deadlands 2.. Looking forward to the zombie bit.. Good luck man!

Paycheck.... LMAO. good one goon. lol Actually the entire budget is $10,450 less than Deadlands. This is another one of those on the cheap, but a chance for me to work on my cinematic style and photography.

Oh.. heh my bad.. I thought the theater was going to pay you to make it.. Heh well in that case yea it will help you work on some things and let you experiment with different angles and whatnot..

I wish they were paying me, but I do get free use of the 17K Lumen digital projector to watch whatever film I want whenever I want out of this, not too mention the free learning experience for shooting another film.

soon as you got the zombie commercial we will consider it for the baddest hororr video site on the web... TerrorFeed.com!

Very sweet DJ.  Can't wait to see what you come up with.

This is awesome news.  Good luck and all.  smile

Well bad news, I just found out the commercial was canceled. The owner got someone to do it for nothing, sad thing is he never called me to tell me, I had to find out from a friend who works projection.

Oh well, now I can at least enjoy the weekend.

Oh man I am sorry to hear that.

Well thats there loss man.. They were gonna get a kick ass commercial.. Looks like they will be getting exactly what they were willing to pay.. "nothing"..