Topic: New CBS Drama about a Vampire?

Maybe this is a rethread, if it is I'm sorry.  But I just heard about CBS debuting a Vampire drama later this year.  I didnt catch a show name or deatils and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this show?

Re: New CBS Drama about a Vampire?

Here's what I found, which isn't much.

"Los Angeles-based CBS reportedly is thinking of spicing up its fall schedule with new unusual shows, including one about a vampire detective.  The show "Twilight" is just one of several shows in the sci-fi/fantasy field CBS may be looking at, The Daily Variety reported Saturday."

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs- … 012210.php

Oh yeah, and by the way I also heard that NBC is considering a new and updated Bionic Woman for next fall too.  That was reported on MSN yesterday.

Yeah, I know they officially anounced the Vampire show, if it is indeed "Twilight".  Here is the section of an article I found.

"To counter its stodgy image, CBS has scheduled a handful of edgy new shows for the fall: a musical, a drama about a vampire and a drama about a Cuban-American family running a sugar business in Florida."

The article didnt not identify if this was indeed title Twilight or not

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-05-16 13:27:14)

There use to be a vampire show just like this on tv back in the 90's about a detective cop who was a vampire. I think it was called Forever Knight.

Hey RIP I saw a few episodes of Forever Night on the SciFi channel.  This does sound similar doesn't it?

skidog wrote:

Hey RIP I saw a few episodes of Forever Night on the SciFi channel.  This does sound similar doesn't it?

Best Buy had the season dvd boxsets of Forever Knight last year and I don't know how many seasons it actually lasted though.

I recall a decent vampire gangster type series on tv called The Embraced or something like that back in the 90's where it was 2 mafia type gangs against each other and they were both vampires. It might have been called The Kindred though.

I use to watch Forever Knight about a vampire cop. Can't remember if it was suppose to be Toronto or not though, but it was filmed there.
Glad he never stopped me on the streets lol

Here is the one I had heard of. 

Moonlight
Airs Next: CBS at Friday 9:00 PM (60 min.)
Show Categories: Drama, Science-Fiction
More Pictures Moonlight follows Mick St. John, an immortal vampire and private investigator and his struggle to exist with the curse of being undead. It also follows his internal torment as he falls in love with one he should not, one who is mortal and therefore out of his reach, as well as his dealings with the woman who made him a vampire, his sire Corinne. Joel Silver is executive producing with Trevor Munson and Ron Koslow both writing and executive producing and with David Greenwalt as show runner and executive producer.

catmmustang wrote:

Here is the one I had heard of. 

Moonlight
Airs Next: CBS at Friday 9:00 PM (60 min.)
Show Categories: Drama, Science-Fiction
More Pictures Moonlight follows Mick St. John, an immortal vampire and private investigator and his struggle to exist with the curse of being undead. It also follows his internal torment as he falls in love with one he should not, one who is mortal and therefore out of his reach, as well as his dealings with the woman who made him a vampire, his sire Corinne. Joel Silver is executive producing with Trevor Munson and Ron Koslow both writing and executive producing and with David Greenwalt as show runner and executive producer.

Good stuff.  Thanks.  Sounds kind of like The Dresden Files but with a Vampire instead of a Wizard.