Topic: Interstate

I have meant to post this for quite sometime now to let everyone know about this movie. I have first found out about it when i was on myspace and i got a friends request and it was the 2 main girls starring in the movie, Veronica- Alexandra Ackerman and Gloria- Jodi Stanford, and on their profile talks about the movie. I saw the trailer and i gotta say it doesn't look to bad. Check it out the website for the movie. The movie comes out sometime this year. But here's what the movie is about:

A Montreal DJ following his girlfriend to Los Angeles, meets a couple of hitchhikers, Veronica and Gloria. The journey takes a strange turn when Edgar involuntarily ingests drugs and becomes stranded with the girls in a seedy roadside motel. Revelations are made and Veronica uncovers Edgar’s dark secret. She blackmails him for everything he’s got.

But here's the website for the movie:

http://www.interstatemovie.com/index.html

It already had a World Premiere at the Newport Beach International Film Festival, which was on April 26, 2007 But if you're interested in the next premiere, the info is below.

It will have a Canadian premiere for this movie. If interested and lives in Toronto, here's the info:

INTERSTATE: Tues. June 19th 9:15PM
REEL HeART Film Festival
RHIFF MAIN PROGRAM A
INNIS TOWN HALL
Innis College, University of Toronto
2 Sussex Avenue [1 block south of Bloor Street, on St. George Street]
Toronto, ON M5S 1J5

Let me know what you think about this movie. If you have any questions or want to know anything else about the movie just let me know.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-04-28 01:31:43)

Re: Interstate

Hey here's the actual movie trailer to this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RKJVNbysxg

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-04-28 21:59:45)

I just watched the trailer. Kinda corny but reminded of the Forsaken movie in a small way.

I just got new information on this movie.

"INTERSTATE"

CANADIAN PREMIERE
Tuesday, June 19th, 2007
9:15 pm
ReelHeART International Film Festival (RHIFF)
Toronto
at the Innis Town Hall
2 Sussex Av., University of Toronto
(1 block south of Bloor st. on St. George st.)
Tickets $8 Students $3 w/ID

ADVANCE TICKETS On Sale At

L'Espresso Bar Mercurio
321 Bloor st. West @ St George
or www.reelheart.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

"INTERSTATE" SLATED FOR CANADIAN PREMIERE AT THE ReelHeART INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL in TORONTO

INTERSTATE, the original neo-noir thriller, has been selected as part of the main program of ReelHeART, a film festival held in Toronto at the Innis Town Hall (University of Toronto.) The Canadian premiere of INTERSTATE will be June 19, 2007, at 9:15 p.m.

An official selection of the Newport Beach Film Festival, INTERSTATE is receiving rave reviews from critics and industry peers.

This "LSD fueled noir" (JOBLO.COM) follows the efforts of Edgar, a teenage Montreal DJ who goes on the road to meet his girlfriend in Los Angeles. The journey takes a strange turn when Edgar meets two hitchhikers, Gloria and Veronica, who decide to blackmail him for everything he's got.

Directed by Québec native Marc-André Samson (director of the AtomFilms smash hit STARGEEKS), the film has been praised as "an original and unique variation on the classic road-movie mythos" by JoBlo.com and a "solid and compelling thriller" by Sean McKittrick, producer of the movie Donnie Darko. The popular site FilmGuru.net said that Shiloh Fernandez, lead actor of INTERSTATE had "the intensity of a young Joaquin Phoenix."

INTERSTATE debuted at the 2007 Newport Beach International Film Festival and has also been an official selection of the Houston International Film Festival.

In addition to an official site at www.interstatemovie.com, the film has a web "universe" on www.myspace.com/gloriaknows. The web universe, which includes dozens of photos and journal excerpts, treats the characters of the film as real and has more than 41,000 fans. The main sites are:

www.interstatemovie.com
www.myspace.com/gloriaknows

Innis Town Hall is located at 2 Sussex Avenue in Toronto. The ReelHeART website, which includes the entire program, is at www.reelheart.com

That reminds me of another Canadian movie... 'Highway 61" with a barber who helps this woman take her brother's corpse to New Orleans.

Hmmm that sounds interesting.

It's not a horror movie though, it's a comedy big_smile

Hey there's definitely nothing wrong with comedies. I'm definitely going to have to look for Highway 61 and check it out

Let me tell ya, it's not all that great lol It isn't a movie you go out of your way to find

Oh one of those movies. lol Oh ok i'll take your word then. lol