Re: What book do you re-read?

I'm so glad someone else hates Spuffy!

Stephen King's IT  and Nightmare and Dreamscapes..  Dan Simmons -Children of Night..  Clive Barker Hellraiser and Books of Blood ..   Ann Rice - Interview with the Vampire

I don't ever re-read the same books.  Theres just too many books out there that I haven't read that I need to read first.

I have re-read Stephen King's "Pet Semetary" a couple of times.

I've read the entire Twilight Saga twice, and I could read all four of them over and over again. I love being able to escape into books: )

Anything by Lovecraft or David Eddings.

Laymon. Anything by him. Dammit his novels never seem to age for me. cool

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Laymon. Anything by him. Dammit his novels never seem to age for me. cool

Do they need to be read in a certain order?

Not really but for a first timer, I always suggest The Cellar (first of The Beast House Trilogy), it's one of the most brutal of his novels and kind of will give you an idea of what to expect, if you cannot take that book you might want to leave Laymon alone lol he is an acquired taste.

I'll pick it up at my local library.

ragXdoll wrote:

I'm so glad someone else hates Spuffy!

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, I think the Spuffy hatred is nearly universal.

I don't re-read too many books and I'm surprised that at the moment, I can't think of a one.  I'll have to get back to everyone on that.  I know I've read Richard Matheson's I Am Legend at least twice, and would like to see a decent screen adaptation.  the newest version came so close, but then missed the whole point.  So far it seems that the 1964 version of the story, The Last Man On Earth is the closest in concept to the original story.

The Body
used to be my favorite Buffy episode, but at the moment I can't think of one reason why I would ever watch it again.

I think the series went 2 seasons too long, but only because Joss Whedon and Tim Minear left the show in Marti Noxon's less then capable hands.  The drug metaphor was too heavy handed.  Still bad episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer were often superior to good episodes of other television shows.  And there were some gems.

A few favorite episodes:

Passion
Becoming:  Part 2
Amends
Consequences
Dopplegangland
Graduation Day:  Part 1
Graduation Day:  Part 2
Pangs
Hush
Restless
The Body
The Gift
Once More, With Feeling
Normal Again (I thought this episode would have made a good series finale, though a bit downbeat.)
Villains
Grave
Dirty Girls
Chosen

sMart, I'm one of the few then I liked Spike and Buffy, I refuse to use that other name it's idiotic. I tend to agree with Whedon who said those who hated that relationship were still to an extent still in love with the Angel and Buffy, (romeo and juliet) storyline and couldn't get past that point.

To dislike Buffy or any of the characteristics because it changed baffles me, the show was about change; acceptance, understanding so all the hate just never sat right with me at all.

I do agree on one thing though Buffy went on too long. They should have left Buffy at the series finale of 'The Gift', it went on too long but then I loved seeing Willow's downturn, it was interesting. But still too far for my liking, the decision to let the show continue is a shame, 'The Gift' would have been a fitting ending imo.

I agree with you that The Gift would have been a fantastic series finale.  I did feel the series went on two seasons too long. 

I had no idea the term "Spuffy" was coined for the Spike/Buffy relationship.  I thought they were referring to Kennedy from season 7 for some reason.  I'm okay with the relationship, though some aspects didn't sit well with me.  But then, no relationship is perfect.

There were episodes I liked in seasons 6 and 7, so I'm not sorry the show went on for two more years.

I return to Good Omens every once in a while, and I'm planning on revisiting Neverwhere soon (my copy's in Toronto and I'm not).  I used to read Harry Potter over and over, and book 3 is my absolute favourite.

One book I have re-read was Steven King's Pet Semetary

For the fourth time this month, I'm re-reading James Ellroy's White Jazz.  Once I'm finished I'm going back and reading the first three entries in his "LA Quadrilogy," Black Dahlia, The Big Nowhere and LA Confidential.

I've read Jaws by Peter Benchley 3 or 4 times in my life and The Amityville Horror 2 or 3 times too.

Anything by Douglas Adams.
Stephen King: Salem's Lot, Skeleton Crew, Night Shift, The Bachman Books.
Toy Cemetery by William W Johnstone.
Fear Book by John L. Byrne.

Also I used to re-read Lord of the Rings but Peter Jackson kind of ruined it for me.

I reread the Harry Potters and Lord of the Rings, they are awesome!  I also reread Stephen King's Dreamcatcher every 2-3 years.  It's the best wintertime book

The Elegant Universe. It's so complicated I lose my understanding within a few days.

Almost all my books.  Most re-read:
    Battlefield Earth (hey, I like it)
    The Forever Hero series; Modesitt (awesome writer, I re-read him a lot)
    McKiernan's fantasy world (kind of a rip off of Tolkien, but easier/quicker reading)
    Clark, Brin, Bova, Pohl, Lovecraft, Lumley.....

That's on top of new books and the library.  I read a lot.

The Stand

((((((((mothermayhem)))))))
where have you been??????

oh I been around just haven't had time to post. Life here has been pretty crazed with trying to get my oldest (19yrs) son on his road to life. He pretty much had himself glued to his pc 24/7 for almost a year before we convinced him to get a life.
He is now in basic training at Fort Sill Oklahoma (Army Reserve).  Which is totally terrifying to me seeing 30,000 thousand more troops are going and who knows what will happen after he graduates from AIT next year. His MOS is carpentry/masonry.
What will be will be.
Good to see the madness is still alive and well here at h-m,ca

I re-read Weaveworld every now and then along with  Swan Song