Topic: Dante's Inferno Animated Feature DVD Specs and Art

We told you awhile back that Anchor Bay was teaming up with EA to create an animatied feature based on the video game. A move that they did previously with Dead Space. Today they sent over the specs and six different covers that will be released.
Th...

Read More : Dante's Inferno Animated Feature DVD Specs and Art

Re: Dante's Inferno Animated Feature DVD Specs and Art

Looks too much like traditional Anime for my liking

i think its pretty smart to have a cartoon explaining the backstory of a central video game character as consumers who like the game will buy the dvd looking to learn more so their they make more money.alas the artistic rendering of the character on the box and the animation is very much like dead space and i must say is awful by comparisons to anime done from the dc comics camp.should have used tighter artistic skill to help sell these dvds

I love the 1st,  3rd , and last covers. I wish they got Peter Chung to do one of them, But so far so good.

Never heard of Dante's Inferno. But the art is really cool. Looks like a comic book I'd buy.

I played the demo on my PS3 and I'm loving it. It's not as groundbreaking as "God of War", but it's fun. The imagery is dark and very intense and the cutscenes are actually Japanese Horror Anime! It's the horror aspect which makes it stand apart from Kratos' adventures. But the Christianity-elements will probably make the game a little controversial. Combos are dubbed "Faithful" and "Exalted", I kid you not.

As I played the demo, I mixed up combos and powered up "unholy" attacks. You'll also use the Cross to blast away the damned. I don't think this will be "Ninja Gaiden" hard since the enemy AI isn't as aggressive. Still, the game's sound effects are awesome and the musical score is epic (channeling "The Omen"). I can't wait for it!

A bit pricey, eh?