Topic: Day of the Dead 2 Photos

Whats everyone think? I am not terribly impressed so far.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6488.html

Re: Day of the Dead 2 Photos

The zombies seem very....ummmm

The one on the top.  Looks...decent.  The two at the door...look like the zombies from House of the Dead 2.

The final frame though looks like it could be cool though.

Though, overall the zombies from Synder's remake of Dawn and Romero's Land look much better.

Well, they aren't terrible. I am still thinking positively.

Being that I am against remakes, I am also not very impressed.  The zombies in the original Day of the Dead were what made the film.  These ones look like House zombies which is by all means a bad thing.  Yeah, Snyders remake and Shaun zombies were great.

Well you want to know why the zombies look so shitty? Because the Clavells are producing. I'm sure they had something to do with who was hired to do the SFX and if you look at those zombies they look an awful lot like the ones from Day of the Dead 2..

*studies zombie victim and visits Day of the Dead 2 picture archive*  Hmm....you're right.  Looks very much on the cheap.

I also jumped to Fangoria and they say that the makeup artists from Night of the Living Dead 3D Dean and Starr Jones created the makeup effects for this film.  And I stay by my statement the two zombies at the door look like those from House of the Dead 2.  Its very sad imo.  HotD2 was like 2-3 million dollars and the remake of Day (according to IMDB) is 18 million.

The zombies in Romero's Land look so much better and the same goes for the remake of Dawn and the remake of Night.

This is a let down.  Savini may be a jerk in real life, but his FX were fantastic in Romero's dead series.  You cant beat em'...

Yea I mean with 18 million they could have had a very big FX team like KNB jump on board.. But I don't know if he would do it.. I mean he got his start on the original so for him to go back and do it again.. I don't know.. But I'm sure they could have gotten somebody ALOT better than who they have now..

Nothing in thos pics are outstanding compared to the way the zombies looked in Romero's Day of the Dead, And from what i see i don't even like the way the military complex looks, From what i see it looks very Day of the Dead 2ish.