Topic: Favorite Directors?

Who are you favorite NON-HORROR directors?

1. Quentin Tarantino
2. Kevin Smith
3. Robert Rodriguez
4. John Hughes
5. Stanley Kubrick
6. Ridley Scott

There are a bunch more, but I can't think of any at the moment.

(I realize that some of these guys have made horror films, but, what are you going to do?)

smile

Re: Favorite Directors?

Kevin Smith, no contest. Love his movies. He needs to make a zombie movie.

Francis Ford Coppolla
Broken Lizard Group
John McTiernan
Brian DePalma
John Landis
James Cameron
Bob Clark

You guys are forgetting one of the greatest directors of all time!
David Lynch

Quentin Tarantino
Robert Rodriguez
Gore Verbinski - I just love his cinematic eye..
Kevin Smith
Stanley Kubrick - A Clockwork Orange is one of my favorite films

Ridley Scott
James Cameron
Paul Verhoven
Sergio Leone
Peter Jackson

Probably will think of more later on.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-05-16 12:46:03)

Sergio Leone
Sergio Corbucci
Quentin Tarantino
Martin Scorsese
Robert Rodriguez
George Lucas (for Star Wars and Revenge Of The Sith)
Peter Jackson (for LOTR)

Mel Brooks - Space Balls is one of my favorite movies
George Lucas
Steven Spielberg
Stanley Kubrick
Richard Kelly - He created one of my all time favorite movies "Donnie Darko"
Quentin Tarantino
Robert Rodriguez
James Cameron
John Carpenter
Martin Scorsese
Ridley Scott
The Wachowski Brothers

I'll list more later on, once i can think of more.

skfan wrote:

David Lynch

Nah, I'm not a fan of his films. I only liked Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me.

Hey i haven't even finished my list of my favorite directors yet. So like i said i will be listing more of them later on.

Shiz..how can I forget these:

Steven Spielberg
Billy Wilder
Mel Brooks

I forgot Akira Kurosawa.. I'm a huge fan of Sanjuro, Yojimbo and Seven Samurai

I forgot about these too:
Mel Gibson
Mel Brooks
Steven Spielberg
John Hughes

I don't like Mel Gibson as a director. I only like him as an actor. I say screw all the movies he directed. Sorry RIP.

Billy Bob Thorton

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

I don't like Mel Gibson as a director. I only like him as an actor. I say screw all the movies he directed. Sorry RIP.

Damn, you didn't:

The Patriot - great film by him and starring him as a revolutionary patriot who fights the british. Great film imho.

Braveheart - cool film which he directed and he stars as the scottish warrior William Wallace who fights off the british so Scotland could be free.

Passion of the Christ - great film which he directed about the last 12 hours of Jesus and his death on the cross.

Wow!!!!:cool:

Well out of all the movies you listed, only Braveheart i did like. I thought The Patriot was alright. But now when it comes to Passion, yes my family owns it but it's still in the package. I have never seen it and will never see it. I'll take your word about it, but i can careless about that movie. I definitely don't have any passion to see this movie one bit. But i never knew that Gibson directed Braveheart. So that's the only movie that i like by him as a directer then.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-16 17:07:02)

Gibson also directed and starred in the 1993 film The Man without a Face.

I thought that movie was just alright. Yeah i loved it when i first seen it but that after that, didn't really care for it.

I can't believe I forgot Bob Clark.  He was one of the most talented directors, imo.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2007-05-16 20:51:13)

RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Damn, you didn't:

The Patriot - great film by him and starring him as a revolutionary patriot who fights the british. Great film imho.

Passion of the Christ - great film which he directed about the last 12 hours of Jesus and his death on the cross.

Ummm...sorry RIP, Gibson only stared in Patriot.  Michael-Bay-Lite Ronald Emmerich directed it.

And I really didn't like Passion.  First time I saw it I was shocked and hooked but after a second viewing....its really a 2hr torture film.  Folks complain about how awful Hostel and Saw are...hello...Passion of the Christ beats them hands down.  A one timer viewer but after a second or even a third time...what does it have in it?  Nothing, basically Jim Cavizel getting whipped and beaten for two hours with about 20minutes of none beating scenes.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-05-16 21:37:13)

RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Damn, you didn't:

Braveheart - cool film which he directed and he stars as the scottish warrior William Wallace who fights off the british so Scotland could be free.

Wow!!!!:cool:

i agree with the patriot awesome film i own that on dvd never saw braveheart and passion of the christ plz coem out with an english verson thank you

thegoldensimatar wrote:
RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Damn, you didn't:

Ummm...sorry RIP, Gibson only stared in Patriot.  Michael-Bay-Lite Ronald Emmerich directed it.

Oops my bad.....:|

I looked it up on imdb just now and you are correct. He's in production now on directing a new film though.

Tim burton, hes the best. theres alot of good directors out there, but iv liked everyone of his movies and they all have that surreal feel to em, which i love.

RIP wrote:
skfan wrote:

David Lynch

Nah, I'm not a fan of his films. I only liked Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me.

Really??? I love almost all of his work. As an inspirering filmmaker myself I really respect him. The guy's work spans so many different genres and yet when you watch a David Lynch film you can't really compare it to anything else except many one of his other films. I'd say that at least half of the directors listed so far are greatly influenced by Lynch but I don't think anyone has come close to him in style. Eraserhead is one of my all time favs, its the definition of a cult classic!