Topic: Lord of the Rings Finally Comes to Blu Ray....sorta

I just got an email from Video Business and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is going to come to Blu Ray on April 6th.  It will be loaded with over 7 hours of special features and be BD Live enabled.....HOWEVER, it is the theatrical cuts of the movies NOT the extended ones. 

I just wanted to share this with all of you.  As a big fan of the movies, I am going to wait for the extended cuts which are for sure going to be released, it's just in the air as to when.  My best guess would be 2011 sometime.  What do you guys think?  Buy or not buy?

Re: Lord of the Rings Finally Comes to Blu Ray....sorta

Not buy, even when the extended's come out.  I love the movies but they are just so damn long that I cant watch them that often so I am gonna stick with the DVD's/  The upconvert of DVD's on a bluray player is actually pretty good and it's just not worth dropping more dough on.

I have been waiting for a long time for LOTR to come out on blu-ray, but will def. hold off for the extended edition.

I would hold off garden, the extended edition is so much better then the regular cut.

Verdict.....hold off.  Hopefully the sales of this are down far enough so that the studio sees that they need to pump out the extended editions very soon.  Maybe, hopefully by christmas 2010

Since I already own the super-maxi collectors/directors editions on DVD, no buy.  I still haven't watched the 15+ hours of extra features on the DVDs yet.  Even if they add a bunch of stuff to the blu-rays, I'm not going to plunk down another $100 some for a new set of stuff that I most have already.  With the upconverting, it's hard to tell between DVD and blu-ray already.