Topic: Favorite Fiction Sub-Genres

Feel free to list your favorite authors, but please choose the sub-genre that best describes your first-choice in fiction.

Re: Favorite Fiction Sub-Genres

Oops. Bumped into this post. Sorry ;P

Brian Keene...If you haven't read him by now, by all means do:)

I read alot of books from Bentley Little and John Saul so mine would be just basic horror stories.

I do like true crime novels though like Helter Skelter, Fatal Vision, Murder in Greenwich, etc.....

I like slasher/ demented stories from the mind of Laymon. His mind was damn twisted and it shows. But I love the way he manipulates the relationships of characters and the way he describes gore, always been a favourite.

Like RIP though, I also adore true crime novels. It's both intriguing (and of course) creepy how the true human mind can be so horrific and disturbing. smile

P.S. My biggest true crime addiction is Jack the Ripper, I have read so many books on this potent time in history I cannot name how many LOL. I love mysteries that just cannot be solved, no matter how we try big_smile

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

P.S. My biggest true crime addiction is Jack the Ripper, I have read so many books on this potent time in history I cannot name how many LOL. I love mysteries that just cannot be solved, no matter how we try big_smile

I recently watched a documentry on Jack the Ripper and I believe the real killer was not caught cause he did flee to the USA. There were several ripper style kills after the ones in London in the USA  many months after that and the killer was believed to have come to the states. If I come across the tv show that had it again I will write it down and post a link on here about it.

^^ Don't get me started RIP lol I can go over a thousand theories I have, I've combed all the information I can to figure it out and I have sooo many different theories. I guess why I love it is despite the TV/ media etc all trying to pinpoint one source or not, it's all up for debate without any evidence the point is moot and why I love it. We can debate and argue, but the truth? that still remains aloof. Hence why I love this history.

Already been on the Jack the Ripper tour and that was what started me into this macabre hobby big_smile

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

^^ Don't get me started RIP lol I can go over a thousand theories I have, I've combed all the information I can to figure it out and I have sooo many different theories. I guess why I love it is despite the TV/ media etc all trying to pinpoint one source or not, it's all up for debate without any evidence the point is moot and why I love it. We can debate and argue, but the truth? that still remains aloof. Hence why I love this history.

Already been on the Jack the Ripper tour and that was what started me into this macabre hobby big_smile

I'm sure that you have seen the 80's film called Time After Time starring Malcolm McDowell about the ripper and the best one is From Hell starring Johnny Depp.