Topic: SciFi to SyFy

Ok...I hate the new "SyFy"! Why didn they have to change it!? I liked how the old "SciFi" look, and the way they played they're movies!

Do you like the new or old "SyFy (SciFi)"?

Re: SciFi to SyFy

I prefer the old SciFi. The new "spelling" of it is supposed to more "modern" from my guess but I don't think it shouldv'e been changed.

Oh, no, now you did it.  You are new here, so you have missed my rantings about this.  I have proposed many new names in my posts in the following format:

SciFi (or is it SyFy?)
or is it PsiFi
or is it SiFye
or is it ScyFeye
or is it ScIeFiE
or is it ASS!Fi
and on and on....

So I'm with you.

Yea, I've missed many rants on here, I've been inactive for a while but starting to get back into the groove of checking the forum daily or at least every other day.

bottledtweaks wrote:

Yea, I've missed many rants on here, I've been inactive for a while but starting to get back into the groove of checking the forum daily or at least every other day.

Sorry, you posted before I finished.  The new thing was for Maxi, as she joined only a day or 2 ago.  But yes, my irrational rants are legendary.  I guess they haven't banned me since a lot of those rants involve carrots, SciFi, and Paris Hilton.

Haha dare I ask carrots and Paris Hilton? Are we talking Jack Frost's Return to Cancun or something?

Nah, I'm just not a fan of either and often compare the 2 in acting ability and range of facial expressions.  Just don't get me started on okra....

azathoth wrote:

Oh, no, now you did it.  You are new here, so you have missed my rantings about this.  I have proposed many new names in my posts in the following format:

SciFi (or is it SyFy?)
or is it PsiFi
or is it SiFye
or is it ScyFeye
or is it ScIeFiE
or is it ASS!Fi
and on and on....

So I'm with you.

They spell it "SyFy" now! I wish they didn't! I like the old name better! Its suppose to be "SciFi"! Lol

Haha that's great. Hey did you ever watch 13:Fear is real?

bottledtweaks wrote:

I prefer the old SciFi. The new "spelling" of it is supposed to more "modern" from my guess but I don't think it shouldv'e been changed.

HELL YEAH!

bottledtweaks wrote:

Haha that's great. Hey did you ever watch 13:Fear is real?

No I haven't even heard of that.

Was 13:Fear is Real the show that Raimi produced about a year or 2 back?  A semi-reality show set in the woods?  If so, yes.  Started off OK, but got silly quickly, in my opinion.

All hail SniffyFiffy (or is it SciFi?)

Haha yea that was the one where there were 13 people and they had to go through all these challenges and such. I think it was about a year ago. I agree it did get silly fairly quickly, I tried to finish it though because well it was better than my other alternatives at the time.

Maximum Overdrive wrote:

Ok...I hate the new "SyFy"! Why didn they have to change it!? I liked how the old "SciFi" look, and the way they played they're movies!

I like the old SciFi!!!! My real gripe is how they keep showing the same old shit though. Do you get the CHILLER channel?

Chiller is AWESOME, i love me some 80's and 90's tv. Ever catch Brimstone?

Vixenella wrote:
Maximum Overdrive wrote:

I like the old SciFi!!!! My real gripe is how they keep showing the same old shit though. Do you get the CHILLER channel?

Oh yeah! I get that channel. That channel is awesome too!

Recording "Dominion" from the SyFy channel right now!

Maximum Overdrive wrote:

Pretty good, though a bit slow at times.

I also recorded "Furnace" last night on SciFiDo.  Anyone see it?

azathoth wrote:
Maximum Overdrive wrote:

Pretty good, though a bit slow at times.

I also recorded "Furnace" last night on SciFiDo.  Anyone see it?

No I haven't or didn't see that last night! My grandmother made me watch "Survivor"!

Yes, I agree. The original SciFi was awesome. The new one looks so lame.

So how are ya Maximum? smile

The Creature wrote:

Yes, I agree. The original SciFi was awesome. The new one looks so lame.

So how are ya Maximum? smile

I agree!

I'm good! I was on here earlier, but everyone wanted me to play runescape, so I got on there. Besides there was a Christmas event! But now I am done with that and going to stay on here for awhile!

How are you?

Good to hear Maximum! And I'm just fine as well. smile

The Creature wrote:

Yep! I'm in the mood to watch a real good horror movie tonight, but I don't know what!

Maximum Overdrive wrote:
The Creature wrote:

Yep! I'm in the mood to watch a real good horror movie tonight, but I don't know what!

I have that problem too. Sometimes it takes me forever to pick out one horror flick. LOL

The Creature wrote:
Maximum Overdrive wrote:
The Creature wrote:

I have that problem too. Sometimes it takes me forever to pick out one horror flick. LOL

I know and what sucks, is that I don't have any horror movies on DVD! I wish I did.