Topic: Footloose.

The 1984 film starring Kevin Bacon is going to be remade,and is slatted to be released 2010.

Re: Footloose.

Will it be hip-hop??;)

Why? the original is a classic, don't think my wife will be happy about this.:/

^ I agree with your wife! lol

Of the two main dance movies of the 80s, this one and Dirty Dancing, I'm just glad that they are doing them now instead of 5 years ago.  Now we have all these dancing shows popular bringing the public interest back into dancing.  My sister and fiancee are both wonderful dancers, my sister wins 1st place at national competitions and just seeing the hard work she and all the others put into it, I love seeing the dance movies.  Now is better than ever to do that!

Seems a strange movie to remake, but okay.

Someone has to hire Zac Efron, lol

I haven't even seen the original Footloose, but I know it's a popular classic. And I don't really see any point in a remake.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Someone has to hire Zac Efron, lol

Zac Efron
High School Musical star, Zac Efron, was originally confirmed to play the starring role. As of March 23, 2009, however, Efron was reported to have pulled out, citing an interest in broadening his resumé.The Wrap: Exclusive: Zac Efron Quits Paramount 'Footloose' (March 23, 2009)3

I wonder if the remake will feature the scenes where, frustrated by the square townfolke, our hero goes to a barn and dances rebelliously, then later executes a flying sidekick at the town dance?

I grew up in Utah and the original was filmed there exclusively, so everyone where I was from knew this movie. There are still towns there like the one in the movie, no dancing ordinances and all.

Good soundtrack!

Oh dear God ,another classic being remade how shocking.

Just call Hollywood from now on Remakeworld.

Last edited by starkravingmad (2010-03-29 23:18:09)