Topic: The Zombie Movie DataBase

This is a cool site for zombie lovers. It has pretty much every zombie movie ever made. It includes movies that has anything whatsoever to do with zombies.

There are 2209 movies in the database and still counting. You can add movies to the database if it isn't already included.

Quoted from their Introduction:
"They can be walking corpses, enslaved by Voodoo master to do their bidding. They might appear as mind-controlled slaves of scientists, aliens, or some other evil force. They may be depicted as reanimated bodies possessed by demonic powers. They may also be the animated remains of long vanished members of ancient societies, seeking vengeance for the desecration of their tombs. They can also, most popularly, be undead corpses who feed on the flesh of others.

One word has been used to describe all of these different forms of beings: Zombie."

Check out The Zombie Movie DataBase and have fun

Re: The Zombie Movie DataBase

Heh not bad.. They could use a little help making the site a little sexier but its a good start. I'm sure once they get the boat rolling they could work on the look alittle more..

That's pretty cool, being a huge zombie fan I will definately have to check more into that site and find some movies I haven't watched and there aren't many. Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure how long it's been around, but I found it about 6 months ago and visit it often.
I thought it would fit right in here

i gotta ask does it really have more zombie movies listed then HM does? Cause HM has over 8,000 films in its DB. Or should we set it up better so you can find zombie films easier?

Great site, but I think our community offers the same, and if we can improve how its laid out we are always game to listen.

I sure didn't mean to put it here to compete with HM. I just thought it was neat that it's only zombies and located at one spot.
8000 films, wow.... Is there a way to go through all the movies here alphabetically?

*edit*
If you feel it's competing and doesn't belong here in HM then delete this thread

Last edited by DemonToSome (2006-09-13 11:45:00)

great idea demon and I will update the site accordingly so you can smile I will also make it so you can only go through zombie films alphabetically if you guys think that is a good feature.

Its a great site, no question I was just curious if our layout wasnt working well or something, adn sounds like we should setup "The Tomb' better smile

That would be excellent Meh smile glad you like the idea

Thats an awesome site.  I prefer to use the HM DB though.

I had no idea our database was that large, I guess I will have to check it out more often.

i will do some updates this weekend to make looking up a bit easier. I will add some genre button lookups and will also add letter lookup. I will keep you guys posted.

Sounds terrific

I second that.

Meh- That would be great.

Yea we use to have a set up similar to what we are gonna do again. Its good to know what you guys would like to see. Don't be afraid to ask about different things you would like to see. We'll definetly take a look into it and see what we can do..

Will do.

it wont take me long to code in the update, just have to get 20minutes of un-disturbed peace smile

ok so i have added a letter lookup feature to "The Tomb" http://www.horror-movies.ca/the_tomb.php and i will next add in a genre lookup so if you just want the zombie flicks, you can get just the zombie flicks smile

That is so cool Meh. It sure makes it easier to browse through the movie database.

yeah it is a bit huge and can be a bit overwhelming to sort through. I am going to add in a feature so you members can make corrections, for example a wrong cast member or incorrect synopsis. Sound like a good idea? I am also thinking i will give post credits for it which of course = contest prizes smile

It sounds like a great idea! smile
Can we add movies to it that aren't included, after you approve them of course?

yeah that sounds like a good idea as well. smile I have just added two buttons to the tomb as well. one is for zombie films, and another is for indie films. So you can lookup by letter, or lookup by zombie or indie genre. more to come of course.

thanks for the ideas and the feedback guys smile

Thats right on.... I'm impressed

hey i aim to please smile now to get it so some of you "trusted" folks can do database updates... wiki style. Only makes sense to let you the die hard horror fans do the updating.

Lookin' a lot better.  Thanks for the updates Meh.  I am also impressed.