Topic: In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

I just got this book for X-mas and never read it before but I have seen both the original and remakes films of it and Capote. I am looking forward to reading it next week.

It's the true story of the Clutter family.....4 members of the family were brutally murdered by 2 convicts cause they thought they had a safe with alot of money in it but they didn't. The killers were later caught and hanged back in the 1950's I think.

Re: In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

I read this book when the movie In Cold Blood came out a few years ago, it's quite a good read.

You just got your hands on one of the greatest true crime stories of all time. I've read it and loved it. I haven't seen the movie though. Does anyone recomend it?

Flesh4Franky wrote:

You just got your hands on one of the greatest true crime stories of all time. I've read it and loved it. I haven't seen the movie though. Does anyone recomend it?

The original film was really good. It's in black and white but I highly recommend it.

Thanks. I'll make a point of seeing it ! smile

i'd agree RIP the original 1967 " In Cold Blood" is a good film.

wolfman1959 wrote:

i'd agree RIP the original 1967 " In Cold Blood" is a good film.

It's got what's his name that was cleared a few years ago of murdering his wife????Damnit, I can't think of his name.

yEP happened here in KS. They just featured an article in the newspaper a few weeks ago.

In Cold Blood (1967) starring Robert Blake
was a good movie

thedeadshallrule wrote:

In Cold Blood (1967) starring Robert Blake
was a good movie

Also the guy who plays the wierd doctor in Exorcist 3 was in the film too as Blake's sidekick killer.