Topic: Street Trash Special Edition Comes to DVD in the UK

One of the most outrageous and unforgettable cult classics of 1980s schlock cinema, the gross-out horror-comedy STREET TRASH comes to DVD in January 2010 as a special two-disc edition, not only completely restored and totally uncut, but also loaded w...

Read More : Street Trash Special Edition Comes to DVD in the UK

Re: Street Trash Special Edition Comes to DVD in the UK

Seriously if you like gross, just for being gross, then this movie is for you!

skidog wrote:

Seriously if you like gross, just for being gross, then this movie is for you!

The only talent I saw in this movie was its ability to be as gross visually as it was intellectually. It's like if the movie itself never knew what it was supposed to be all aboot. There's random stuff happening that could go into different storyline but instead they just focus on melting hobos, but even if it's the main VISUAL part, it one that is totally ignored as far as storyline developmnet goes... That was StarWars Holliday special level of garbage. Once again, not even bad enough to be good. Just too bad to be any good.

I don't mind filmmakers taken the liberty to take a dump on my eyes. It can be moderately pleasurable (Bad Taste for example) But when I have the feeling that they rip open my skull to use it as a crapper and call it creativity. The insult goes a wee bit too far.

Congrats, UK.  You can finally get one of the best things to ever come out of the 80s ultra-gore boom.

And I'd be far remiss if I didn't plug my exceedingly well-written review.
big_smile

EDIT:

Reading back over the article, I'm pissed about the Jane Arakawa interview.  I have the 2-disk special edition DVD myself, and the DVD producers included an apology for not including an interview with her because, basically, they couldn't find her.  But lookie here, they did find her for the UK version.

<--- pissed

Last edited by LoudLon (2009-12-31 01:08:23)

I love Street Trash! I've been meaning to buy the DVD for a while, I really want to see it again. All you UK-ers should pick up the DVD immediately, it's a great one.

This was one of those films I watch with utter amazement.  This was so over the top it popped its own top and drank itself.

And I think Coligny is a bit tight.  Gotta relax and flow with the insanity!  big_smile

Exactly what the title says!!! I had a hard time getting into this one, but I have seen worse yikes

Oh, there is much much much worse!

azathoth wrote:

Oh, there is much much much worse!

Yep!!