Topic: Nosferatu in Venice

My head is sizzling form last night's binge and I want to mention this flick. Some of you might remember Herzog's remake of Nosferatu starring Klaus Kinski. I recently got a dvdr of the sequel that reprises Kinski in the role of Nosferatu. It's not directed by Herzog, however. It's worth watching I think. Not the best film as far as making total sense in the plot but it does have a nice look and was shot well, in that sense. Kinski is good as always in his trademark weird way. He doesn't look like Nosferatu this time as he has hair. He is a bit of a shapeshifter and likes to actually bang women as well as bite them. Christopher Plummer is a vampire Hunter ala Van Helsing, and there's a seance scene invoking the vampire which I should add to the seance scene thread. It's very much an Italian horror film and if you can find a copy, get it if you like euro horror. Don't expect it to link at all with the Herzog film.

Re: Nosferatu in Venice

Never heard of it, you make it sound intriguing what year did it come out?

It came out in 1988. It's worth seeing, especially if you like Kinski and period vampire movies. He's looking for what might be a resurrected woman he loved years ago and Plummer is hunting him. I'm not sure if there is an official dvd out there but the dvdr is easy to find.

I saw the remake and have it on dvd. I had no idea there was a sequel. I loved the original remake, it was fantastic. Beautifully shot and genuinely creepy. Knowing there is a sequel has definitely got me intrigued, will have to find somewhere to watch this. Thanks Fred! big_smile