would have been fairly crap in 2d

saw it in 3d last night - my first 3d movie experience - it was good eye candy - giving the whole film depth and random shit floating around

the story was way too drawn out and just as emtional as titanic - the action, graphics, visual ideas were cool - could have been more extreme violence - less emtional drama - but for 12years and 500 mil i dont think it as good as other films released this (ie. D9)

but! i saw the 3d trailer for 'Alice in Wonderland' - fuk me that is going to be a good 3D movie to see at the cinema - only if lsd was easily accessed

I agree Zombie, haven`t seen it yet. but every review I have seen so far seems to say the same thing, Awsome visuals, but very short on story.

its a very good overall 'american' film - but a bit long - i was tired though - i think its still worthing going to the cinema to watching it in 3D

Ok... finally going to see this today.

went to the IMAX theatre in Mira Mesa (packed-ville!!!!!!!!) & bounced up outta there. That shit was sold out @4:20!!!!!!!

let's see if I have any luck at the 1 o'clock showing  smilecool bitches ....

I enjoyed the movie ,I loved some of the scenery effects in 3D , it was done very beautiful.  It's a bit long in the tooth but i don't mind it and even though the specs was a bit uncomfortable in the beginning , by the end i got used to it. Watching the trailer , i thought the CG looks pretty corny but in the cinema watching it on 3D , i thought the live actors and CG are pretty much blended in , you never really felt detached.

Last edited by fmvgamer (2010-01-06 14:34:33)

I saw it. It was pretty good. It's already been said here, but I will say it too. Its eye candy. And it's good eye candy. Worth seeing on the big screen in 3d.

Flesh4Franky wrote:

I saw it. It was pretty good. It's already been said here, but I will say it too. Its eye candy. And it's good eye candy. Worth seeing on the big screen in 3d.

Oh yes! Perfect director, too. You had to do that shit just right.

I can see why everyone loves it. It's like going on a ride.

And I LOVE the Shaman's hair!!!!

I might go see this in Imax 3D tomorrow at a matinee.

Meh wrote:

i saw it in 2d since the 3d screening was sold out and frankly I think it was WAY WAY over rated.

Wrong choice , this movie was made specifically for 3D and it should be seen on the big screen in gorgeous 3D.
It's like watching friday the 13th 3-D in 2D , it will be kind of a flat experience. Not saying that it's a bad movie in 2D but you will  miss out on the whole experience.

Does anyone here have those old 3D red/cyan paper glasses ? If anyone still have them. Check the below trailer out. Wear those old 3D glasses (not the avatar ones which doesn't work) and see the difference between what you see with the naked eye (ala 2D) and what you see with 3D. Those "3D" effects are  nowhere near as good as those in avatar but with flat 2D , the feeling is not the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKujOudUk0w

Last edited by fmvgamer (2010-01-07 04:22:13)

Plot was a C, FX was A++.

I went in only wanting FX, so I liked.  Vampy actually kinda liked the story.  Then again, she likes the Twilight books.  But she reads my sci-fi books, too (including Asimov, Heinlein, and Niven), so I let her live.

I liked Avatar too. At first I didn't want to see it because it just didn't look like it was up my alley, but then I watched it the whole way through, and it was pretty good. I mean, it's a James Cameron film, it's gotta be somewhat okay.

Anyway, I liked Avatar. It's a good mainstream film. I like the backstory too, on how the people could be so entwined with their environment and nature and such. I'd give it a 8/10 smile