Topic: Evil Dead - Ultimate x Book of the Dead

Hey guys.
So, i got an old and cheap copy of Evil Dead on DVD, but now i want to get a better version. So i found those 2:
The Evil Dead (Book Of The Dead Limited Edition)
amazon.com/Evil-Dead-Book-Limited/dp/B00005RYLE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1262998711&sr=8-9
or
The Evil Dead (Ultimate Edition)
amazon.com/Evil-Dead-Ultimate-Bruce-Campbell/dp/B000WC3864/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1262998711&sr=8-4

Which one should i get?
The book of the dead one looks totally awesome, but, om the other hand, the Ultimate Edition appears to have a lot more of extras...
So, what you guys suggest?

Cheers

Re: Evil Dead - Ultimate x Book of the Dead

Its really all personal preference, a lot of ppl like the book of the dead cause it looks fuckin awesome, yet some ppl prefer to look at all the special features, and commentaries, blah blah blah, plus the ultimate comes with a free poster, and idk if the book does or not. So really, its up to you, do you want the movie and an awesome cover, or a poster, and a bunch of extras and commentaries, either way its really a win situation smile

But, personally I'd go with the Ultimate Edition wink

Last edited by Googopqp (2010-01-08 20:04:46)

Do you know if there's anything different with the Book of the Dead edition of Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2?
I mean, on the outside, they are different, but what about inside?

Maybe i should get the Ultimate, and the Evil Dead 2 book of the dead edition!

My Opinion won't help lol but either. They both are fantastic Evil Dead additions either way. Hope you enjoy whatever choice you decide to get big_smile

I'm getting both versions myself too hard a choice to make.

Yeah, I can't help either.  I own every version of every ED movie.  You may call me a fan(atic) of the series.  big_smile

Boga wrote:

Do you know if there's anything different with the Book of the Dead edition of Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2?
I mean, on the outside, they are different, but what about inside?

Maybe i should get the Ultimate, and the Evil Dead 2 book of the dead edition!

The ED2 book is a good idea, as for the feats on the book for ED they go as follows, as I could find smile :
Commentary(ies)
26-min documentary
outtakes
some other misc stuff
trailers
pictures
smile hope I was a help, fyi, the feats on the ultimate are A LOT more, but its all taste on the covers etc, and if you want a free poster or not.

I think there's a new edition coming out this year.

Also a book this month by.... something Egan? titled simply THE EVIL DEAD.

I'm too lazy to post the amazon link.

Okay fuck!

Here you go. And apparently t'was released in November... but is out of stock.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ … okmooch-20

I got to get my copy !!!!

The problem is that they will always release something new.

Next year there will be Evil Dead Shotgun Edition.
Hahahahha

Anyway, i think i'll get the ultimate edition and the book of the dead for ED 2.

Thanks a lot for all your help!

The VHS Copy of The Evil Dead is the best copy!!!

I got my eye on the edition where you get The Book of the Dead 1 & 2, it is awesome.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2a82nf8.jpg

Hey, that box set with both seems pretty good. I'll probably get this one depending on the price!

Is there a DVD box collection of all 3 movies?

this is from amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Evil-Dead-Trilo … p;sr=8-10, all three in one.

It is available on the .com website but the difference that arises is the price. On the .com site, it costs $59.99 and is a collector's item whereas it's cheaper on .co.uk. Sorry couldn't find anything more D@vid, but hope this helps a little.

It's worth checking The Evil Dead fan sites. Like deadites.net for info on what's for sale where.

Last edited by One Bad Seed (2010-01-09 22:36:13)

Thanks guys! i got like 7 editions of Evil Dead in my collection and i never been able to find a damn trilogy. Gonna check this out!!

D@vid wrote:

Thanks guys! i got like 7 editions of Evil Dead in my collection and i never been able to find a damn trilogy. Gonna check this out!!

Remember the .uk version is Pal and region 2.  I couldn't find the trilogy on the US Amazon site as of tonight.