Topic: Horror On The Television

There hasn't been a good Horror  series that aired weekly since THRILLER aired on NBC during the early 60's that challenged the family structure in America.  If someone can name a Horror series that beat-out THRILLER post the name.

Re: Horror On The Television

Tales from the Crypt? I'm clutching at straws lol

I'm big fan of tv series Masters of Horror!! smile

Night Gallery

Tales from the Darkside

but most recently Masters Of Horror truly beat out all with the actual Horror and so much 'Thriller 'stories

I've watched all series of Masters of Horror and really enjoy it,
two episodes by Clive Barker literally blow my mind!! smile

^^^ I take it you are a Barker fan ??

I enjoy reading his books and Hellraiser is one of my favorite movies

Hellraiser is cult!! Also by Barker i very like Nightbreed & Lord of Illusions!

Im a fan of Midnight Meat Train

Midnight Meat Train is good movie, also watch it twice! smile You know that there are two more movie to come? smile

GhostlyChills wrote:

There hasn't been a good Horror  series that aired weekly since THRILLER aired on NBC during the early 60's that challenged the family structure in America.  If someone can name a Horror series that beat-out THRILLER post the name.

i have just got the Boris Karloff Thriller series on 17 DVD's, 67 episodes, have seen some before and remember them fondly. can't wait to get started on them. welcome ghostlychills, if you're a fan of the series, you're a friend of mine on the forum!:D

Don't know what Thriller was, but last year's Harper's Island was pretty good for an US broadcast show.

Fear Itself is also pretty good!!

I can't believe i almost missed last night ep on BBC 2 at 10
i didn't even know it was going to be on,  i clad i check the TV guide before i put a movie one.

And what about Fear Clinic, is it good?

Sadly, at this point in US TV shows, only the myriad of "ghost hunters" shows come close, if you can even count that as close.  Well, at least until Supernatural pops back up, it had some good spooky episodes.  If you get a chance, watch "Ghost Adventures" on either the A&E or the Travel Channel, I forget which.  It is as funny as all get out- one guy gets 'possessed' each episode, they discuss the differences between dust and orbs (in nifty technobabble), and they spend half the time screaming at the spirits to "come get them!"  Quite the hoot!  And at least they are not outright trying to fake stuff like "Ghost Hunters".

I am watching Supernatural right now, but not finished yet 1st season!! But i expect nothing more than the best!!

Midnight Meat Train is a awesome movie. I love the hammer they guy used in that one.

I think the only good horror show at the moment is Supernatural.

Ah I remember watching Tales From the Darkside , The Unexpected, Ray Bradbury theater,   The Night Gallery, Twilight Zone and Outer Limits

these shows were more about  macabe and twist endings

I jusr bought a 2 disc DVD set of the old movies Tales from the Crypt and Vault of Horror..  for $5..

MistressOf Horror wrote:

I think the only good horror show at the moment is Supernatural.

Ah I remember watching Tales From the Darkside , The Unexpected, Ray Bradbury theater,   The Night Gallery, Twilight Zone and Outer Limits

these shows were more about  macabe and twist endings

Hell yeah Supernatural rocks!!

'Kingdom Hospital' I always recommend and I am very into 'Nightmares and Dreamscapes' atm.

Baby_Firefly wrote:

Hell yeah Supernatural rocks!!

'Kingdom Hospital' I always recommend and I am very into 'Nightmares and Dreamscapes' atm.

I remember that short lived series.. Stephen King stories are a tricky thing. Either they turn out well or bomb. I really didnt like that one.  I was disappointed that when they did the Nightmares And Dreamscapes and didnt do more. I really liked that one.  I was hoping they would have done the stories The 10 o'clock people and Crouch End

I watched all the friday the 13ths once, it was on my birthday october friday the 13th.
It was on the channel Scream. Scream channel has alot of good series wink

UPDATE
screams name has been changed to dusk

Last edited by Michael_Jason_Krueger (2010-02-20 03:29:15)

Supernatural is doing a good  job.