Re: A Nightmare On Elm St. 1984 vs 2010

hopefully freddy doesnt look like a panzy roll

im looking forward to this remake. it so far looks like what a remake should be.. a new twist on an old story. i mean of course the 1984 version will always be better haha. and no one can replace robert englund. but someone else playing freddy can make viewers fear freddys character again. i think when a new nightmare came out and following freddy wasnt really as scary anymore and was more of a goofy but still somewhat scary character.

I DO not Like the new Makeup The old Freddy looks way Better

I'm not a fan of remakes, been pretty vocal about that and when I first heard of this movie being remade I think you might have heard my scream around the world lol. But with every bit of new information, each new trailer or insight, I think I am succumbing to the movie.

I'm not 100% sold, more so because Platinum Dunes have always let me down but I am curious. I just hope it does twist the story a little, a shot for shot remake is just pointless, if it does it stands the chance of being half decent. Yet like I said I still have reservations I just hope it doesn't disappoint.

On another note: I love Clancy Brown! Consistently he has remained one of my favourite actors and has some fantastic talent to boot so with him in this movie, my hopes are raised a little more so.

As long as it is better than FT13 (remake), I'll be happy. smile

Bottom line when you saw the face in the wall or the sleeping girl being flopped around by an unseen force or the kid being pulled into his bed and turned into a shower of blood or the famous bathtub scene or even Freddy’s glove  in the first movies it was for the first time.  You can’t get back those feelings seeing this stuff redone. Sure anyone whom hadn’t seen it back when it was fresh might benefit from it being brought up to date and I guess for better or worse that’s the point.

^^ Swollen, I heard that apparently in the remake the famous 'shower of blood (in bed)' scene is not in it. Was pretty saddened when I heard that. sad

Maybe we can see the new movie first before making judgements?  roll

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

^^ Swollen, I heard that apparently in the remake the famous 'shower of blood (in bed)' scene is not in it. Was pretty saddened when I heard that. sad

That was my favorite scene. They show too much in later movies your mind goes to much scarier places trying to comprehend where he’s being dragged to and what’s being done to him.

And AZ I am sure I’ll enjoy the new one too its just things are never as good as the first time except with sex where its awkward and scary  and you cant sit on your bike afterwards.

I was just making a joke.  Yeesh.  People are getting really cranky recently.  tongue

THE JOHNNY DEPP DEATH SCENE IS GONE?!?!??!?!!!!!!! nooooo!!!

That is unfortunate.  So many now-famous people got killed in early slashers.  Sigh.

I dont know if stylistically these remakes are bad but it seems to me that they lack some sort of heart. Thats really the only way i can put it. Watching the original Friday the 13th it isn't really scary anymore to me but it has something going on that is more enjoyable for me than the remake. From what I've seen of the nightmare remake, it just looks like they took the best kills from the franchise and stuck them in the film. If Freddy is truly innocent then it changes the entire film for me and thus loses all its point.
Hollywood needs to realize that better effects and camera gear aren't gonna make the remakes better. They need a good story, good actors, and god forbid maybe a real effort to make it memorable.

I can't tell. I'm still on the mood for the original, but the 2010 version could be great. I said COULD BE. The trailers looks more like a sequel to me than a remake. They've put more things in this one than the original so i gess it's gonna be great to see another version of the original franchise and might discover new things about Freddy. The thing with remakes is that they don't have the cast, crew and story to realize their new version. There's so many things they could bring on to make their movies a horror marvel of the new century. I'm tired to b!tch remakes before it comes out on Theatre, so i'll wait for the premiere...

Yeah, this would be another one that could have... screw it.   Call it whatever you want at this point, I've given up hope.  When Norwegian zombies are the best thing in the past 1/2 year, we're not doing so well (no offense to the Norwegians [awesome movie!], it's just that the US really sucks panda balls right now).