Topic: Dawn of the Dead TV series??

From our good friends over at Shoot for the Head.com comes this exciting/terrifying snippet.
There are no details as yet but it appears that MTV are making the show based partly on Romero's original and partly on Snyder's remake.
What do you think?
Excited?
Hopeful?
Or do you think it's an abomination?

Re: Dawn of the Dead TV series??

If they combine the awesomeness of Romero and 'Jersey Shore' into one show, I will shit my pants in pop culture glee!  Think of it- guido zombies hot tubbing with zombie trash whores!  Having zombie sex on night vision when certain important parts fall off in the middle of the act.  It would be so mind blowingly bad and ridiculous it'll from win an Emmy!  All it needs is that ghost monkey from Pirates of the Caribbean.  Oh yeah, I'm down for this.

Sound it great untill i saw the word MTV
i don't think it will beat Dead Set made in UK last year
Great show
i going to watch later tonight.
i will be doing review on sunday (if i don't have hangover lol )

It could be good... but im very hesitant.

Mmm... first thought was, "Eew hell no"

... but then maybe it'd be interesting to see what they weave & where they take the characters. So yea, I'm down.

I want to say I'll like it...but MTV....god no, god no, god no.

BASSI wrote:

Sound it great untill i saw the word MTV
i don't think it will beat Dead Set made in UK last year
Great show
i going to watch later tonight.
i will be doing review on sunday (if i don't have hangover lol )

All TV shows are better in the UK.  The US steals and screws up Japanese movies and UK shows.

im hoping this will be amazing...but then again it's MTV...they made Jersey Shore the gayest show in history i'm not getting my hopes up for this one

mtv has its name with it, forget about it.

MTV....I don't know.

At one time, MTV was pretty cutting-edge stuff.  Yo! MTV Raps was progressive when it first aired and old-school metal-heads still talk about the original Headbangers Ball to this day.  Liquid Television was pretty awesome, too.  MTV wasn't afraid to take some risks and do the unexpected back then.

Of course, that was then and this is now.  I'm not sure how many outside-the-box thinkers are still among the staff.  Guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Haha!! I second that.

they should just make another dawn of the dead movie instead and bring back the people that lived in the 1st one. i mean the remake not the original. but a tv series no plus aren't they making a zombie tv series called the walking dead anyway mtv shouldn't be called mtv anymore their all about teen preg and drama. they already wanna make a teen wolf tv show

Fist Pump it!

I'm with the MTV haters... nuff said!

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Oh sweet potato spuds, you give me an idea.  Zombie infestation + the "Jersey Shore" cast (horrible people on an MTV show if you don't get the show outside of the US)!  Though I wonder if zombies can live on silicon?