Topic: Sad but very happy!!

I don't really know where to put this so I started a new thread lol.

This was one of my Christmas presents which arrived today - it's a one-off edition of Dracula where I got to change the main characters names to people of my choosing and I got to fake a dedication.  This is mine...

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2342/image0055.jpg

Has anyone else got a book which other people might think is a bit sad but which makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, for whatever reason?  Or is it just me?  lol:lol:

Re: Sad but very happy!!

"The Lovely Bones" was like that for me. (which is why I like that it's a movie now!!!)

Nice gift ya got there, Jackalqueen!

Wow that's an awesome gift JQ, I am slightly jealous. tongue But really nice gift, you must be chuffed big_smile

Unfortunately I don't have a book like that or one that makes me warm and fuzzy, I guess being into the more macabre stories I just never got that feeling but hell wouldn't mind the gift you have! wink

Agreed. Cool gift JackalQueen! smile
But nope. No book that did that to me.

If you google 'gift republic personalised classics', you can create your own version.  I think there are about 8 different books to choose from. smile

Lots of books bring out a warm fuzzy feeling in me, so maybe I am just sad after all! LOL These aren't warm and fuzzy books in any way but they will always be important to me because of how they made me feel the first time I read them.  For example:

Carrie by Stephen King because it was the first book I read after floundering about, hating the 'inbetween' children and adult books which were around when I was a young 'un.
The Catcher In The Rye by JD Salinger because it was the first book I read where I realised that not every character in the normal (ie. not supernatural) world had to be 'normal'.  big_smile

Just bookmarked the page, some nice novels but really the Dracula is the nicest. Gorgeous cover, in league with horror that suits me. Thanks hun for the info big_smile and still think that is an awesome gift to get wink

Couples could always get Romeo & Juliet.  What's better than when you both die at the end for no good reason!  lol

Though Vampy does like Alice.  Very cool gift and idea!

Not a warm and fuzzy book kind of guy

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Call 'em up and see if they'll do a personalized version of the Necronomicon.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

They had Hound of the Baskervilles.

The Hound of the Baskervilles is not all that warm and fuzzy from vague recollection. lol

One of the best short stories of all time.

That's why I suggested the Necronomicon.  Cthulhu is all about snuggling!