Topic: Who was the best?

In you opinion who was the best martial artist movie fighter ever?

Chuck Norris?

Bruce Lee?

Jet Lei?

Steven Seagall? lol:lol:

Seriously, I am watching Return of the Dragon now with Bruce Lee whipping Chuck Norris's ass.

My all time fave is Bruce Lee of course.

What's yours and your fave fight in the big screen martial arts style?

Re: Who was the best?

Bruce Lee without a doubt. That's no contest. Bruce Lee can kick everyones butt. It doesn't matter who, no one could follow his style of fighting and nothing can compare to what he created Jeet Kune Do. Bruce Lee will forever be my all time favorite. Now it's extremely hard for me to narrow it down to my favorite fight b/c i have so many of them. I'll have to get back to you on this one after thinking about this.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Bruce Lee without a doubt. That's no contest. Bruce Lee can kick everyones butt. It doesn't matter who, no one could follow his style of fighting and nothing can compare to what he created Jeet Kune Do. Bruce Lee will forever be my all time favorite. Now it's extremely hard for me to narrow it down to my favorite fight b/c i have so many of them. I'll have to get back to you on this one after thinking about this.

I thought you were gonna say Steven "I run like a woman" Segall or Jean Claude Van Shit.:lol:

I like Jean Claude Van Damme tongue

thegoldensimatar wrote:

I like Jean Claude Van Damme tongue

But he runs like a lady.....watch his arms when he runs lol.:lol:

Jackie Chan. I enjoy his movies.

Van Damn, I like 1 or 2 of his movies, but his bad acting got old fast, and hes pretty much a low life in real life. It was funny that one of his ex body gaurds bitched slapped him around, and Mr Kickboxer was to scared to do anything.

Last edited by loneranger zombie (2007-05-26 11:10:06)

Bruce Lee is the king of martial arts, plain and simple.

I like Jet Lei.

It's funny that nobody mentioned Mr. Muyaki from Karate Kid, lmao.:lol:

RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

I thought you were gonna say Steven "I run like a woman" Segall or Jean Claude Van Shit.:lol:

Why in the hell would i choose those guys? I only see one true martial artist and the best that there will ever be. The Dragon. Plus all those martial artists can't even compare to The Dragon. All of them are wimps and pussies compared to him. Bruce Lee would destroy and humiliate all of them. Pretty much most of them don't even do their own stunts anyways. Lee always did his own. Now my dream fight would be Bruce Lee VS Sonny Chiba. That would definitely be one hell of a fight right there.

I think one of the best martial art fight scenes in a movie has to comes from the movie Terry Gordy's The Last Dragon. The climatic fight scene between Bruce Leroy and Sho'nuff. You definitely can't beat the "glow." If any of you have heard of this movie and seen it, then you know exactly what i'm talking about. But if you haven't, you have to see it. It's definitely a must see and must own.

But for me to choose my favorite Bruce Lee movie, it's actually a 3-way tie:

1. Enter The Dragon - 2 Disc Special Edition (If you don't own this, go out and buy it now. All the special features, meaning all the documentaries are the best ones that no movie has ever had before. This is by far a must own for all Bruce Lee fans.)

2. Return of the Dragon
3. Game of Death

But if i had to choose one that i can just watch over and over again, that would have to be Enter The Dragon, which i have watched countless times. And also this was the first Bruce Lee movie i have ever seen and ever since first being introduced to this movie and Bruce Lee, i've been completely hooked on Bruce Lee movies, which i own all of his movies. I even own his T.V. series he was in "The Green Hornet."

There is one other Martial Artist that most people have over looked him and probably haven't seen his movies. But i would have to say he is definitely just as good as Bruce Lee.

Tony Jaa - He's been in Ong-Bak - The Thai Warrior, The Protector, Spirited Killer, The Bodyguard, etc.

I think he is the next Bruce Lee. He is without a shadow of a doubt the most exciting martial artist in today's martial art movies.

The Landlady from Kung Pow was pretty damn kick ass. That was a funny , and great kung fu movie.

I enjoyed the ladies in Kill Bill:)

Fuckin' Sonny Chiba is the man.

Bruce Lee would kick Chiba's ass. But hey i love both fighters but Lee more. I'm still saying the dream fight of the century:

Bruce Lee VS Sonny Chiba

Not only do i own all of Bruce Lee movies but also own all of Sonny Chiba's movies also.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

Zzzzzzzzz's:lol:

RIP wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:

Zzzzzzzzz's:lol:

Yeah. Sonny Chiba is awesome as hell. But he definitely doesn't have anything on the master. The Dragon will humiliate and kill Chiba. Chiba wouldn't even know what hit him. He wouldn't be able to handle Lee's lightning fast moves.

I grew up on Bruce Lee and the Shaw Bros kung fu flicks -- Kuo Chui (mostly known as playing "Lizard" in Five Deadly Venoms") is also a favorite, as well as Jet Li, Tony Jaa, Jackie Chan, Yuen Biao...but my all-time favorite is Sammo Hung.

He was in Enter the Dragon -- the fighter Lee takes on in the beginning of the flick -- and starred in the merely okay Martial Law TV series, but way before that he earned his name almost single-handedly reinventing kung fu cinema with such films as Magnificent Butcher, Prodigal Son and more kung fu flicks than I can count.  He was Jackie Chan's "big brother" when they were in the Peking Opera school, and though he's acrobatic and does his own stunts, he's primarily known for his expertise in just about any style of martial arts you can think of, and he's considered a master stunt coordinator, fight choreographer and action director in HK.

And, rumors persist that he and Lee got into it for real on the set of Enter the Dragon -- just a friendly sparring practice behind closed doors -- and that Hung came out smiling.  Just a rumor, but, I tend to believe it.  But Hung himself was a big Lee fan, and paid his respects in the movie Enter the Fat Dragon where he plays a country boy enamored with Lee who moves to the big city.  And his impression is spot-on.

There's a reason they call him the fastest fat man alive; he's a tubby dude, that's for sure, but check out Pedicab Driver, Knockabout, Eastern Condors, My Lucky Stars...hell, just about any movie he's ever done and you'll see just how good this dude is.  Modern kung fu cinema owes a lot to this guy.

Oh, and he also made Mr. Vampire and Encounters of the Spooky Kind -- two of the craziest horror/kung fu flicks ever.

I am gonna have to go with Ralph Macchio

All these names are great but im definately going with "Don the Dragon Wilson".He was the greatest kick boxer of his era who attained 11 world titles and was the only man to legitamatly beat dennis Alexio.His Kick Boxing skill was world class and his martial arts style would make him very tough to beat regardless of size or weight.

jmh314 wrote:

I am gonna have to go with Ralph Macchio

"Daniel-son.....scrub the floor.....wax on wax off":lol:

Well look on the bright side we did predict a first round KO!!!!

"Daniel-son.....bow look eye to eye":lol: