Topic: Star Wars 30th Anniversary

Being such a huge Star Wars fanatic, I thought it was right to post this. Today we commemorate 30 years of Star Wars. With Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope making it's way to the theatre nation wide on May 25, 1977. So for this day, I have found this video to pay tribute to the Rise and Fall of Anakin Skywalker. The transformation from Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader. Hope all of you enjoy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0hxRgzik9s[/youtube]

Re: Star Wars 30th Anniversary

To also pay tribue to this day, i would like to know from everyone what's your favorite and most memoriable scenes.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-25 03:01:05)

Sorry to bring down the mood, but I don't like "Star Wars".  It was shown to me as a kid several times (I have the original series on VHS), but I took much more interest in films like "Alien" and "The Exorcist".  Which, apparently, is why I'm here today.

*slaps Tim with a wet trout...there that'll learn ya!!
I think the whole concept of "The Force" is brilliant. Good vs Evil no better subject for exploration. Star Wars is a masterpiece, I honestly don't have a favorite part. And it never got hokey. All the characters are so interesting, even the bit players in the cantina:) We all have a little of each character within us so its easy to relate to the entire concept. I remember sitting in the theater with my whole family and those beginning credits began, I knew  I was about to experiance something way different.

I love science fiction fantasy films almost as much as I love horror, Star Wars and Star Trek are among the best out there

I was there at the theater not sure if it was opening day back then but I remember going to the theater to see it.

Episodes 4-6 are my favorite, I only was into the other films because of the origin of Vader.

My favorite of all the scenes had to be the Garbage chute in New Hope, I loved the chemistry between Han and Leia if you want to call it that.

I can't embed the link for some reason but here is the URL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XyHJiBYYoMc& … mp;search=

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-05-25 11:50:34)

Well for me how i look at the entire Star Wars Saga, is that you gotta pretty much need watch all 6 Star Wars movies in a row to get the full Star Wars experience, the way it was meant to be seen. Each one tells a different story. But with similar qualities and aspects for all 6. Like the relationship between Anakin and Padme and at first Luke and Leia and ending it with Han and Leia. Then Anakin being seduced by the Darkside by Palpatine, turning him into Darth Vader. And Luke keep on getting seduced by the Darkside by Vader and Palpatine but Luke was to strong to become what his father had become. So pretty much how you look at it is that Episodes 1-6 is actually one whole movie. I love what George Lucas has brought us with the entire phenom that is Star Wars. With the entire story and vision that he brought to life that has take it all the way to 30 years and actually see it in the eyes of every generation will never be forgotten. His legacy and Star Wars Legacy will live on forever.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-25 21:18:02)

Really thinking about it. After thinking about all the scenes in every Star Wars movie, I would have to say my favorite scene would have to come from Return of the Jedi. The Final Climatic scene between Vader and Luke and leading all the way to the Death of Anakin. Along with Luke seeing his father's true form with taking the mask off, Luke seeing his father being burned Endor and the scene where they show Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda standing together side by side as visions.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-25 14:09:54)

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Really thinking about it. After thinking about all the scenes in every Star Wars movie, I would have to say my favorite scene would have to come from Return of the Jedi. The Final Climatic scene between Vader and Luke and leading all the way to the Death of Anakin. Along with Luke seeing his father's true form with taking the mask off, Luke seeing his father being burned Endor and the scene where they show Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda standing together side by side as visions.

Yeah that was some good SW moments I liked when Vader sabered Luke's hand off and revealed to him the truth about him being his father.

But my favorite line has to be "Laugh it off Fuzzball" lol

goldenwarrior wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Yeah that was some good SW moments I liked when Vader sabered Luke's hand off and revealed to him the truth about him being his father.

But my favorite line has to be "Laugh it off Fuzzball" lol

Oh yeah. But i love the part where C-3PO says to R2D2 "No i don't think he likes you one bit." "No i don't even like you." LOL

my love for Star Wars trancends all. big_smile but seriousley the trigilogy got me thru a awkward and sometime lonely childhood i had a whole universe of heros and villians, monsters, bounty hunters, spaceships all at my disposal. some of my favorite childhood memories came from my parents taking me the see the OT in the theaters. all time favorite moment comes from "Empire" just before Han is dropped into carbonite Leia looks at him and for the first time tells him "i love you" and as cool as can be Han look at her and strongly states "i know". how F'in cool is Han.

Even though he was barely in Empire and Return of the Jedi, my all time favorite character is and will always be Boba Fett. The best bounty hunter ever.

i give Boba a little shit but i do think he is one of the coolest charters in OT. i hope that the live action series gives him the justice he dersives. cant wait till '09.

I definitely can't wait until '09 for the live action to come out. It should just come out either by the end of this year or early or mid next year. And i definitely have plenty of faith in Lucas to have plenty of justice for Boba. But if my memory serves me correctly, the live action series will take place between episodes III and IV and have the whole situation dealing with Han and Jabba The Hutt and him sending Boba after Han. I hope it's really true.

I like the Star wars Movies but have always liked the horror movies better. I have never been a fan of Star Trek in any shape or form, I could take it or leave it. Star Wars is a great fantasy with some of the best characters out there but I hold Willow above any of the SW films. I am the type to put on a Jason or Michael flick before rewatching any of the SW. Especially the last three. Please don't lynch me all you SW fans.

each to his own hard2kill no hate from me. are there any other "SW" collectors hidding out around here besides me and blackdeathdamien?

Star Trek is a bluntant rip-off of Star Wars and there's nothing exciting about Star Trek period. There's not one single creative imagination behind Star Trek. There's not one single exciting thing about it period. Star Trek is pretty much a stab in the heart to George Lucas.

I have a Darth Vader, Storm Trooper, and R2-D2 potatoe Heads

hybrid moments wrote:

each to his own hard2kill no hate from me. are there any other "SW" collectors hidding out around here besides me and blackdeathdamien?

I don't think there is anyone else who is.

Who knows how many i own. Way to many which are all still in the packages unopened. Ok let see with everything Star Wars i own:

DVD's
2 Different Versions of the Trilogy on VHS
Original Score to the entire Original Trilogy that comes with a booklet full of the original artwork.
Many Figures still in the packages
Darth Vader's Lightsaber still in the package
Puzzles
Posters
Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber Remote Control
Limited Edition Beer Stein Glasses
Watches
Cups

I think that's it.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-25 17:44:01)

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Star Trek is a bluntant rip-off of Star Wars and there's nothing exciting about Star Trek period. There's not one single creative imagination behind Star Trek. There's not one single exciting thing about it period. Star Trek is pretty much a stab in the heart to George Lucas.

Uhh don't get me wrong I love Star Wars but it nowhere near as good as Star Trek, I am not sure how it is a rip off being Star Trek came out over 10 years before Star Wars came out, now if your talking the "The Next Generation I agree with you it was lame.

But if you watch the orginal series there were some great stories told and at that time there wasn't lot of good special effects, what made the original series what it is today is fantastic story telling and awesome chemistry between the cast.

Ok yes the old series is not a rip-off at all. But you know what, it really doesn't matter, anything that deals with Star Trek i can't stand. I never liked Star Trek period. None of it has appealed to me one bit. The only thing that was good about Star Trek was the original series. But when it comes to Star Wars, nothing can compare to Lucas' vision and changed the limits to special effects boundaries and i'm talking about the original trilogy. Everything that Lucas put into making Star Wars come alive with all the effects were unbelievable to accomplish all of that. To make special effects like how he created it and with no computers either is definitely by far set the standards in special effects. And if you don't believe me, go watch all the making of documentaries to see exactly how he created it all on the entire trilogy to prove me wrong. B/c i sure as hell not wrong when it comes to this.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-25 19:20:47)

For this day for me to celebrate the 30 years to Star Wars I watched:

Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Clone Wars - Animated Series that takes place between Episodes II and III
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Episode IV: A New Hope
Episode V: Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Ok yes the old series is not a rip-off at all. But you know what, it really doesn't matter, anything that deals with Star Trek i can't stand. I never liked Star Trek period. None of it has appealed to me one bit. The only thing that was good about Star Trek was the original series. But when it comes to Star Wars, nothing can compare to Lucas' vision and changed the limits to special effects boundaries and i'm talking about the original trilogy. Everything that Lucas put into making Star Wars come alive with all the effects were unbelievable to accomplish all of that. To make special effects like how he created it and with no computers either is definitely by far set the standards in special effects. And if you don't believe me, go watch all the making of documentaries to see exactly how he created it all on the entire trilogy to prove me wrong. B/c i sure as hell not wrong when it comes to this.

I wasn't debating the special effects infact I mentioned Star Trek TOS didn't have much effects but it didn't matter because of the stories were so appealing by themselves.

I agree with you on the special effects I just think Lucas milked Star Wars for everything he could get, just look at how many time he rereleased the DVDs over and over again for a quick buck.

I really don't dislike Star Wars I enjoy it a lot and the special effects were ahead of its time, I just think Star Trek TOS was just as good in other areas.

goldenwarrior wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

I wasn't debating the special effects infact I mentioned Star Trek TOS didn't have much effects but it didn't matter because of the stories were so appealing by themselves.

I agree with you on the special effects I just think Lucas milked Star Wars for everything he could get, just look at how many time he rereleased the DVDs over and over again for a quick buck.

I really don't dislike Star Wars I enjoy it a lot and the special effects were ahead of its time, I just think Star Trek TOS was just as good in other areas.

Oh i know. I was just making a statement. And i completely understand where you are coming from.