Topic: Rampage Jackson Defeats Chuck Liddell

Holy shit what an upset. Rampage has been fighting in the minor leagues so long I didnt think he had it in him but DAMN what a knockout. i am stunned!

Re: Rampage Jackson Defeats Chuck Liddell

Yeah i read the results online and all i gotta say is that i am sure as hell glad that i didn't waste my money on getting the PPV.

i watched it on daily motion and GASPED out loud lol.

LOL I bet you did. I wonder what Rips reaction was after Liddell was knocked out. Probably priceless. lol

Just messing with ya Rip. Yeah i know you're all pissed off as hell what the outcome of the fight was. But like the old saying goes: "Shit hits the fan, comes flying right at you, and hits you right smack dab on the forehead. And what do you have left, shitty forehead." Just wait until the rematch and i guarentee you that you will win and DHK will owe you a DVD. B/c you know what always happens with Liddell. After he loses and when he has a rematch with the same fight he lost against, he comes back and wins.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-27 02:33:44)

I was drunk as a fucking 4 eyed tater tot last night and still hungover now but I lost my bet to DHK so I will buy him a dvd.

But Chris Lieben got robbed last night.....he should have won that fight.

When Liddell fell down, his back is to the camera, and I was wondering if Jackson even hit him, or if he tripped...I've watched the video a few times  on Daily Motion and I'm just not sure...

I just saw the video on Daily Motion Killjoy and no he didn't slip or trip. He got knocked out. It was just the blow that knocked Liddell on his ass.

killjoy wrote:

When Liddell fell down, his back is to the camera, and I was wondering if Jackson even hit him, or if he tripped...I've watched the video a few times  on Daily Motion and I'm just not sure...

They have the knockdown clip on ESPN.com of this. They have a view from the overhead camera and he caught a clean shot to the face.  He definately didnt slip.  And when he hit the mat and gets hit again by Rampage you can see him go limp for a second.  A clean knockout by all means. 

And RIP, I watched the Lieben fight online, and I dont think he was robbed.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-05-27 10:50:32)

I also saw an interview and they were saying Lidell was upset with the stoppage, but he was getting hammered while on the mat.  If the ref didnt stop it right then, he would have shortly with the way Rampage was landing blows to his head/face

Meh wrote:

Holy shit what an upset. Rampage has been fighting in the minor leagues so long I didnt think he had it in him but DAMN what a knockout. i am stunned!

Pride = Minor League?

I disagree.

deathbyhighkick Rampage hasnt fought in pride in along time. PRIDE was THE premier league until 6months ago when it was banned from TV because of its connection with the yakuza.

Rampage's last Pride fight was Pride 31, which was in 2006....and where is this "fact" that you say Pride is banned from TV?  What TV in what Country?  I know it's not Japan....for that's where the fight organization is based out of.  If you're trying to say it's banned in the USA, I'll raise the flag on that one.....Frank Trigg hosts past-dated Pride fights on Fox Sports Network, not to mention that Pride 33 took place in Las Vegas in Feb of this year.  Pride isn't minor league, regardless of who fights in it, and it's gonna get even bigger now that Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta recently bought it.

So you know I am not some fanboy just spouting from the hip, so dont jump on me like I am. Nobody is jumping on you.

PRIDE .. WAS ... the premier league for fighting my comment was in reference to ELITEXC not Pride, as per my earlier comments. Pride lost its license to air on TV because of its ties to the Yakuza. The Fertitta brothers then stepped in and bought it because PRIDE didnt have a venue for PPV anymore. 

Pride 33 in Vegas was their attempt at breaking into the USA, they hired a US Pride President ( who has since been let go ) and Frank Trigg as an announcer. Frank Trigg was just fired by Dana White as one of his first acts as new owner. Frank was a great announcer, but his insults of Dana white made his firing once the UFC took over inevitable. 

Since the UFC Owners have now brought over all the big name pride fighters to fight in the UFC. Namely Shogun, Dan Henderson, Crocop Wanderlei Silva ( whom is going to fight Chuck liddell next) , and the list goes on, the UFC is the dominant game in town and pride is a much less attractive league.

There is now talks of a Pride vs UFC super-ppv but it will be hard to put together with all the top name Pride fighters now signed to the ufc.

All this stuff isn't new to me....I was just debating what you said, I was in no means "jumping" on you.

I think it should be Meh VS DHK in the octogon. Anything goes. Winner takes all with Rip being the ref and i'll be one the color comentary. Bets all in.:lol:

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-28 18:26:36)

lol... as big john would say.. BRING IT ON.

and highkick I only got upset because I know the sport well, i moderate a site devoted to it, and you mis-understood what I was saying and made a debate of something we were actually agreeing on.

no hard feelings.... i will just dump your corpse in my basement.

but then my corpse will come back to "life" and eat your head.  No hard feeling....

Oh come on. I wanted to see you guys battle it out to the death.

we can both die and battle as zombies, just like Land of the Dead.

Meh wrote:

lol... as big john would say.. BRING IT ON.

and highkick I only got upset because I know the sport well, i moderate a site devoted to it, and you mis-understood what I was saying and made a debate of something we were actually agreeing on.

no hard feelings.... i will just dump your corpse in my basement.

On a side note, I'll just promote the site I mod on, www.clubufc.com, check it out...good stuff, smaller site, but nonetheless, some very wise minds talking MMA.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

we can both die and battle as zombies, just like Land of the Dead.

Yeah but if you were both zombies, zombies don't fight each other, they only go after humans.

we'd be specialized zombies that killed everything.

LOL well you wouldn't be able to kill me b/c you can't kill what is killed. I'm more dangerious than a zombie. MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what are you then?