Topic: Watch: Paranormal Activity Alternate Ending

I had no idea Paramount had even changed the ending of Paranormal Activity from its original version which showed at genre festivals in LA but below you can watch the alternate ending. Community member Booman who was to scared of us monsters to email...

Read More : Watch: Paranormal Activity Alternate Ending

Re: Watch: Paranormal Activity Alternate Ending

I'm not a fan of it. Now the one shown in theaters still haunts me to this day. This movie is going down in my book as one as the scariest movie i have ever scene.

I have the DVD screener so it has the original ending intact.  It is as follows:

The original ending to Paranormal Activity has Micah running downstairs to save Katie, sounds of a scuffle, followed by Katie returning to the bedroom covered in blood, with bloody knife in hand. Katie then proceeds to sit on the floor rocking backing forth for days on end. her girlfriend from earlier scenes leaves an answering machine message inquiring where the couple is, eventually stops by and discovers Micah dead. The police rush in and find Katie, who snaps out of her trance, only to be gunned down by the cops when she freaks out on them. The credits dedicate the film to couple, sustaining the “real-life† atmosphere of the movie.

this is the ending that i've seen, does anyone know where i can see the ending that is being shown in theaters???

The Screener ending is much better. I have no idea why they changed it hmm

twistedsista wrote:

this is the ending that i've seen, does anyone know where i can see the ending that is being shown in theaters???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CZqtKK8GrQ

in my opinion, the alternate ending is what they should have used to close out the film rather than what is in the theaters presently. I thought the ending as it is now did an injustice to a film that was trying to treat itself like a true life like documentary of events...but the last couple of seconds, to me, just felt like a typical Hollywood ending to a flick rather than a true representation of what the movie was throughout the duration. The alternate ending just seems, to me, to jive better with what would have happened in a real life situation given the circumstances of what occured,  rather than the cop out of what ended up being the ending that is now in theaters.

Last edited by joe91074 (2009-11-04 22:26:42)

Personally, both endings kind of irritated me. I would have like it much more if the ending kept Micah flying at the camera and have Katie do her walk into the room and just turn the camera off.

I wasn't a fan of the half-hearted attempt at trying to ground it in the real world. It felt too gimmicky and was really unneeded, IMNSHO.

Can someone please explain what this so called "shit ending" is???

i have seen the one explained earlier - trigger happy cops shooting a mentally challenged person (sounds pretty real, but was a fkn cop out)

whats this crap one?

i hated the ending a saw - ruined the movie for me, was fuckign lame

now there is an even lamer ending??? please explain?

ZOMBlE wrote:

,,,,, there is an even lamer ending??? please explain?

I dont know what ending you're even referring to whatsoever, but besides the two endings mentioned previously there are two others.

1.) Katie returns to the bedroom after the melee downstairs. She grins wickedly at the camera and then slits her own throat. The demon then leaves her body and Katie falls lifelessly to the floor.

2) A possessed Katie corners Micah and bludgeons him with his precious camera, while the viewers watch from the camera's POV. This version of the ending was so complicated that Peli never actually shot it.

Last edited by jscarp73 (2009-11-05 23:47:31)

jscarp73 wrote:
ZOMBlE wrote:

I dont know what ending you're even referring to whatsoever, but besides the two endings mentioned previously there are two others.

1.) Katie returns to the bedroom after the melee downstairs. She grins wickedly at the camera and then slits her own throat. The demon then leaves her body and Katie falls lifelessly to the floor.

2) A possessed Katie corners Micah and bludgeons him with his precious camera, while the viewers watch from the camera's POV. This version of the ending was so complicated that Peli never actually shot it.

They will so number one will be on Extars on DVD, i can't wait to see that, what has it took so for to come on dvd.:mad:

Last edited by BASSI (2010-01-25 14:29:58)

I have watched the DVD and the alt ending is the one with her slicing her own throat.  It was pretty good; she pulled it off nicely.  I still like the original just a little bit more.

azathoth wrote:

I have watched the DVD and the alt ending is the one with her slicing her own throat.  It was pretty good; she pulled it off nicely.  I still like the original just a little bit more.

can you upload on youtube?
dying to see that scenes tongue lol

Sorry, it was rental.  But I have skills.  Actually, I found a 2nd alt ending!  That one first.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muGy_At9LRY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QScOjwoNP-I[/youtube]

Last edited by twistedsista (2010-01-25 14:51:53)

jscarp73 wrote:
ZOMBlE wrote:

thanks for posting the youtube clip - i've only just noticed it (d'oh) and it's already been removed sad  gggggrrrrr youtube

i haven't seen either of the two endings that you mentioned - they both sound infinitely better than the crappy one that me and zombie had the pleasure(?) of viewing.

dang your quick azathoth lol     thanks smile

It's what I do.

The video is disabled meh ughhhh

Odd, both of mine work for me.

The throat slit ending is the best imo. The other ending just seems to drag. And the theatrical ending isn't that great.