Topic: Pirates 3 Makes $400 Million Opening Week

Now That is a box office record!
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_12119.html

Re: Pirates 3 Makes $400 Million Opening Week

That's fuckin unreal. tongue

I can believe it that it made that much. Now i'll be finding out if it's as good as the other ones. I'll be seeing this tomorrow. So hopefully i won't be disappointed.

Not a surprise.  They even made the advanced "midnight" screening at 8, so all the little school girls could go and see Orlando Bloom on the big screen.  It's funny, because I have no interest in seeing this film, yet, it's so damn popular.  Eh...

I know it's not a surprise..... it's just alot of fuckin money tongue

This is just the beginning. It first started with Spider-Man 3. Now it's Pirates 3. Just wait until the other blockbuster movies roll right in. Like Transformers and The Simpsons. And so on.

Transformers doesn't interest me in the least and the Simpsons, well I have no idea what to think of that.
But I really enjoyed the 2 Pirates movies and I'm sure I will enjoy the third one.

Well i'm definitely more than excited to see Transformers The movie b/c i grew up watching the cartoon series and collected all the toys and seeing the trailers, i'm more than excited than ever to see it. And when it comes to The Simpsons movie, well it's The Simpsons.

Pirates would have done better to leave Orlando Bloom out of the series other than that I liked the movie.

DemonToSome wrote:

Transformers doesn't interest me in the least and the Simpsons, well I have no idea what to think of that.
But I really enjoyed the 2 Pirates movies and I'm sure I will enjoy the third one.

I am going to see Pirates 3 Friday. I predict Transformers is THE summer blockbuster. I really wanna see it lol.

I've been waiting for a kick ass trailer to Transformers to see how it looks from transforming from vehicle to robot and MY GOD! So god damn beautiful. I'm more excited to see Transformers than The Simpsons or any of the other summer blockbuster movies.

to bad they won't have the Dinobots big_smile

Actually I am looking forward to seeing Fido, I mean doesn't everyone want a pet zombie!

Oh i know. I was actually hoping that they were going to have the Dinobots and other Transformers from the series and movie.

Having a pet zombie would be awesome. He would only be nice to you but not to everyone else.

DemonToSome wrote:

I know it's not a surprise..... it's just alot of fuckin money tongue

You got that right, my friend.

A lot of money yes, but they released it at 8 PM on Thursday and had the advantage of an extra day with the memorial day weekend.

And by the way, the $400 million was the WORLD WIDE take.  It only made $156 mil in the states, and only $142 of it was Friday thru Sunday.  So compare: Spidey manke $151 million Fri-Sunday, and Pirates makes $156 million from 8 pm Thursday evening to Monday night. 

I think the biggest surprise is despite the success of Pirates that Shrek still make 70 Million in it's second week.