Topic: Half-Life 2

so iv just spent the last four hours of my life playing Half-Life two, which i just purchased for my PC.
first off, i want to say that im very happy i invested in a really great PC, because im playing this game at the highest resolution it will allow, and its running at 60 FPS (frames per second) and it looks amazing. while i am nowhere near completeing the game yet (espicallty considering i have both of the expansions for it to play through also) i would like to take a moment to let you know what i think of it so far.

this game has amazed me. from the time i first started plaing it till i just stopped a few mins ago, iv been completely captivated by it. now, im not a big gamer like i used to be and its usually hard for me to sit down and play a game for hours at a time without being drunk or playing guitar hero with a group of friends, but i did with Half Life.

the game starts out with you getting off a train in a city, and then very soon after that, your already being chased down. from then on its pretty much non-stop action with little puzzles thrown in here and there. the puzzles are not very hard or anything, but they add a little flare rto the game as you try and find out what your supposed to do next, and iv even been stumped by one or two so far, and they held me back for a few mins. most of them are not your classic puzzles like "find the switch to the door" or "press the button", they are creative. for instance, one puzzle you have to pick up cinder blocks from around a room and place them on a board thats sitting like a sea-saw so that it will raise up so you can reach a ledge.

the action is very intense at times. it will be slow one minuit, and then suddenly you are faced with a barage of enemies coming out of the woodwork trying to kill you. and its not just your normal human enemies coming for you, there are also mutated creatures that try and kill you, as well as different types on mechs or machines. the variety thrown together works very well in my opinion

the minium system requirements for the game are small, just a 1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, and DirectX 7 capable graphics card, plus windows 2000 and odviously a keyboard and mouse. the prefered requirements are a 2.4 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, and DirectX 9 capable graphics card 256mb. if you have a computer than can run this game, i HIGHLY suguest getting it. or if you have a PS3 or X-Box 360, its also available on both consols.

one last thing, if anyone else has played this game, let me know what you think, i love hearing other peoples opinions.

Re: Half-Life 2

ok im posting again on my old post because i have now finished the first story for Half Life 2, and i completely stand by my origional statements about the game. it is great. im not a big gamer like i used to be when i was younger, but this game held my attention and i would come home from work and just instantly start it up and play for hours. its a long game too, took me about 20 or so hours to fully beat.

iv now started on the first expansion for it (Half Life 2 episode 1) and its just as intense as the first, and they added in new hordes of enemies that make it even harder to get though. plus the puzzles are harder as well, it took me nearly 30 mins to figure out one of them. and again i cannot stress this enough, if you like first person shooters, GET THIS GAME

Re: Half-Life 2

Excellent game, one of my fave series.