Topic: Deodato Plans for Cannibal Holocaust 2

Ruggero Deodato who directed the original Cannibal Holocaust in 1980 is talking of doing a sequel.  He will write and direct Cannibal Holocaust 2. (Not to be confuse with the other two Cannibal Holocaust 2's which are accociated by name only and have nothing to do with the original)

He says he got the courage and strength from Eli Roth while on the set of Hostel: Part II which Deodato himself has a cameo.
Deodato says that after watching Hostel, he feels the American audience has taste for these types of films.

There's not much info at all over at Bloody-Disgusting but it's a start and I hope he goes through with it.
I know it's not going to be as controversial as the first one, well to me anyways, he won't be able to shock me, but I sure hope he gives it one hell of a try tongue

So what do you folks think of this or do you even care?

Re: Deodato Plans for Cannibal Holocaust 2

This is some kickass news.  A grindhouse legend getting inspired by Eli Roth?  Wow.  Cannibal Holocaust is one of my all time favorite films so I'll for sure check out a sequel... especially if its written and directed by Deodato himself.  Although, if its anything like the first... the MPAA is gonna eat it up.  I doubt it would even get a theatrical run.  Who knows.  This is exciting.

In Hostel we get a Takashi Miike cameo.  In Hostel: Part 2 we get a Ruggero Deodado cameo... right on!  This got me even more pumped for this flick.  Great find, Demon!

Sweetness, can't wait for this to happen.

I'm thrilled about it! And your right Tim, it's amazing that Eli Roth has given him the inspiration to bring his new idea out for the world to see.

There was actually an article in Fangoria a couple months back about this.. He has had the sequel in his mind for quite some time apparently. I'm guessing that with Hostel getting a huge release he has realised that he can actually put this movie together and it won't get a huge uproar..

Cool... I use to get Fangoria for years but cancelled it a long time ago. That was teh first time I read about it at Bloody-Disgusting.

I don't know why he is even worrying about it. Thats the point of doing a part 2 isn't it? To create an uproar and push the limit of where you can go with this type of film?

That's the way I'd see it.  Just do it and see what happens.  He'll have millions of horror fans on his side.

I hope Deodato goes underground and does it completely off the radar and in like a  year or so suddenly pop out with Cannibal Holocaust II. 

Push the evelope and give all the "Moral Guardians" cardiac arrest smile

I haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust, but it sounds awesome just by the title. I'll try and get it on DVD or tape or whatever they sell it on. Haha. I will probably go see the second one when it comes out.

You should definately check out "Cannibal Holocaust".  One of my favorite grindhouse/exploitation flicks.

Grindhouse released Cannibal Holocaust uncut, unedited, uncensored for the first time back in October of '05.  If you have a Borders near you, you can probably find it in the cult DVD section or order it from them.

^ Thanks for the tip. I'll go look for it whenever I get the chance.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

I hope Deodato goes underground and does it completely off the radar and in like a  year or so suddenly pop out with Cannibal Holocaust II. 

Push the evelope and give all the "Moral Guardians" cardiac arrest smile

I couldn't agree more. Even if it's a straight to DVD version.

No matter what they decide on doing, it will never be the same as the original.

I hope it isn't like the original. It hope it goes miles past it in the controversial aspect of it tongue

Now I know a lot of people are going to hate me for saying this but Cannibal Holocaust was a terrible film that doesn't deserve a sequel.

Someone should email Bill O'Reily and see what his reaction will be.

^ Priceless.  lol

Sharingan- u can also get cannibal Holocaust by downloading it off limewire. there are alot of hosts for it and it only took me like a little more than a hour to get it.

This is awesome news about a sequel. one of the things that really bothered me about the original was the killing of live animals, and i dont think that Deodato will be able to do that with this one because of all the animal rights groups and stuff like that. i dont know if he can make a movie thats as sick as the first one, but hope to hell that he tries as hard as he can