Topic: Blu-Ray.

What movies not currently on blu-ray would you like to see released on that format?
Tron.
The original Stae Wars series.

Last edited by hellrat (2010-01-31 18:10:27)

Re: Blu-Ray.

I totally did this thread a few weeks ago.....but there are too many to list, Star Wars tops my list

Lord of The Rings Trilogy

Don't worry, anything even close to being worthy will hit Blu-ray soon.  Heck, I picked up Night of the Creeps and Monster Squad, both which have been OOP for years and just went straight to Blu-ray.

Patience, grasshopper, it shall come to you in due time.

But for the record, the Evil Deads.

Evil Dead 2 and 3 are on blu ray...I own Army and it's amazing

I do not see what the big attraction is for blu-ray

Cannibal Holocaust

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

probably because you got a 20" CRT Television screen and a DVD player and watch ripped copies of shit

wait till you got a 40" + LCD FULL HD with BLURAY player and some good BLURAY movies

then you will have a wet pussy for BLURAY

i wanna have the matrix collection bluray - but my partner has it on vhs n i got it on dvd

i want the thing on bluray - everytime i go to buy it, its not there or the price went up

i just want it so i can watch it fullscreen - the dvd release is shit

ZOMBlE wrote:
Godzilla_Rules wrote:

probably because you got a 20" CRT Television screen and a DVD player and watch ripped copies of shit

There taint no problem with that sir.

well no, not if thats what your doing

but if your trying to compare that to watching blurays on a 40" full hd lcd

you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself

Last edited by ZOMBlE (2010-01-31 23:19:59)

cold prey 1 and 2
battle royale 1 and 2
lethal weapon 3 and 4
police academy 1-5
inside
martyrs
pontypool
frontier(s)

HAHa yeah there is no comparison 704 x 480 or 1920 x 1080.... huge difference.

Inside on bluray - region free would be the fkn sweets

i cant find Inside anywhere region free - only region 1

n im yet to test region 1 on my old dvd player sitting with a mate

Oh my god....if you have a high def tv and watch dvd....then put on blu ray, you will vomit on all your dvds it's so amazing.

garden knows what im talkin bout

morguex wrote:

Lord of The Rings Trilogy

Warner already announced it for this summer...

I want Tenabre and Susperia on Blu...oh and Cemetary Man.

The quality is great, and I only have a 32" HDTV. 

The thing I really like about my player is it can download/stream YouTube and Netflix.  My instant-watch queue is bigger than my regular queue.  LG makes some sweet products.

Well we finally bit the bullet and entered into the 21st century a couple of days ago. Dropped a thousand at our local Wal-Mart and came out with a 32" LCD TV, a blu-ray player and a few blu-rays. I haven't really compared the difference between the blu-rays I bought and the dvds I already had, but will in the very near future. I think I'll be satisfied with them though big_smile

I love my bluray player and upgraded my TV recently to continue maximizing performance but I'm one of those that doesn't think anything made befor 2000 looks much better on bluray. Its a conversion and not true digital film so I think it still looks grainy and nothing special. However, newer movies shot in high Def or IMAX formats looks ridiculously amazing.

For the 2 above.  Most BR players will do some upconverting to make your DVDs look a little better.  As JMH said, it depends on your source mateial.  Me and Vampy both noticed that the special editions of Evil Dead had some more clarity to them.    Personally, I would have upgraded the TV and DVD player to a flatscreen HDTV and a BR except a lighting strike took out both and my grandpa died the same weekend, leaving me some money.  Fucking weird how that goes.  But once you go BR + HD, you're not going back.