Topic: Book Burning

I see his point, but...sob...stop the burning of the books!!!!
http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/20 … htm?csp=34

Re: Book Burning

why the hell doesnt he put them on ebay?

That's a bit ridiculous.  I understand the point that people aren't reading much but buring the books in protest is a bit overdramatic.  I am sure there are libraries and thrift shops outside of his perimeter that might have wanted them.  Or like Meh said sell them on ebay.  I have over 350 books and I would never let any of them go.  This is just weird.

this world is one big nuthouse lol...hey the 60's and 70's our over ..

ya i live rite near there. im gonna go to the store and buy as much as i can, its like only 10 mins away. hes burning sme antique books too. which is fucked up. i own alot of antique books, and if my apartment cought on fire, that would be the first thing  i would grab

Good thread.  I cringed when I read the article.

I would of thrown his ass on his burning books, what a fucking moron.

Anther dumbass doing really retarded things. Hmmmmm. I thought the whole book burning thing of protest ended in the 60's. I guess i was wrong. So many people do so many stupid shit.

I agree. His point may be a good one and perfectly valid, but his protest harks back to the Third Reich. It has to be remembered that it was only a century ago that the working classes were still discouraged (if not banned) from reading in so-called civilised countries.
sad

Burn bra's not books:D

Well I work in a library and something a lot of people don't realize about libraries is that books that are rarely circulated or damaged that aren't sold at the annual book sales are destroyed. It's usually kept very hush-hush because people react strongly to hearing about books being destroyed but it is something that needs to be done.

I love books too and I would hate to think of some of my favourite titles being burnt but I completely understand the message behind his protest. Sometimes you really do have to light a fire under people to get them moving and if a few more people take up reading as a result then I think it was worth it.

Meh wrote:

why the hell doesnt he put them on ebay?

I agree lol......that guy is a moron for burning that many books.......that's like me trying to give away all of Eli Roth's dvds and Uwe Boll's dvds that i have but nobody wanted them so I burned them, lol.......just kidding Tim.:lol:

All that happened there is, that guy just lost alot of money that he could of got by selling them. Yeah ebay would be a good place because you have the whole world looking in and there's a lot of book collectors around the world.

As if thats going to make people start to read more because of him burning books. I don't think so! It was all in vain.