Topic: Ian McKellans New Zombie Movie "E'Gad Zombies!"

I love me some zombie movies and I love them in all shapes and sizes. I like serious zombie films like Dawn of the Dead, silly zombie films like Shaun of the Dead and dorky corny zombie films like Night of the Living Dorks.
I also like the looks of...

Read More : Ian McKellans New Zombie Movie "E'Gad Zombies!"

Re: Ian McKellans New Zombie Movie "E'Gad Zombies!"

looks promising, i thought it wouldn't be long before someone cashed  in on the success of the classic zombie books "Pride And Prejudice" etc.

Looks promising, haha. Excited for it.

I don't really like Zombie films but will give anyything ago once lol Hey  wolfie ((((( licky KIsses mwwwwwwhah )))))

Puppymonster wrote:

I don't really like Zombie films but will give anyything ago once lol Hey  wolfie ((((( licky KIsses mwwwwwwhah )))))

hi ya Puppy are you going to see the film about me " The Wolfman"? i'm going to see it on Thursday before i go howling at the moon!:D

yeah maybe next week though but I'll be howling with on Thursday , same time same place lol

Hmm interesting. The period action looks too low budget to afford an actor like Sir Ian and the scene with Sir Ian in has a modern light switch on the wall behind him.
I think that there may be more than first meets the eye to this movie wink
Definitely one to keep an eye on.

A quick bit of research found this information.
It's a 20 minute short that's going to be doing the rounds of the festivals throughout 2010.
Here's the official word from the film's website

Director and producer wrote:

Hello, this is Matthew Butler and Tori Hart here!  Over the last few weeks people have been asking what gave us the idea for the film and what the plan is now we've finished it.  So here's a brief rundown...

We were acting in an 18th century play, 'Loves Last Shift' with Mr. Hart's Theatrical Company in London and we thought zombies would look rather marvellous in the costumes...so we wrote a film.  We'd also like to add that we wrote this before we'd ever heard of 'Pride and Predjudice and Zombies', which we still haven't read, just in case!  We had a tiny budget to do the whole thing and hardly any time to film because of the locations, which were all in Oxfordshire.  Thankfully we had amazing people around us who we think could actually work miracles.  We filmed Ian McKellen's scene seperately in London before any of the other footage, which was a good start to the shoot!

The plan is to get it in to film festivals, the first one hopefully being Cannes with others to follow and then see if we can get the funding for the feature version which we're finishing off writing as we speak.

Still looks worth watching big_smile