Re: Creepshow 3

Completely agree Goon.

Vhat is next?  The Crazies: Crazier? or maybe Martin: Ressurection?

Either that or they start leeching off other horror titans or stop destroying Romero's good name and destory (or maybe by some twisted joke by Satan, make) their own with their own flixs.  They certainly ain't making any horror fan happy right now.

So far they have done a terrible job.  I mean Day of the Dead 2, I can honestly say I dont know anyone who liked that movie or wants to see it.  From the trailers, Creepshow 3 looks to be a crappy DV shot film.  I might have to pass on this one.

Only way I'll see it is if someone posts the stories individually up on Youtube.  That way I don't have to waste my money.

Hey folks! Well I wandered over to the creepshow 3 site and looked at the trailers and then went to the forum. I don't think the film (if you really wanna call it that.) is going to be out any time soon. The people over there were saying something about Anchor Bay holding the movie back until at least 2007 with no reason why. I think we can all guess as to why it's being held back....

if they're smart enough not to put it out as is, let's hope that they go to the next level and have the movie done in way that would actually keep the name from being dragged in shit.

Wicked wrote:

Hey folks! Well I wandered over to the creepshow 3 site and looked at the trailers and then went to the forum. I don't think the film (if you really wanna call it that.) is going to be out any time soon. The people over there were saying something about Anchor Bay holding the movie back until at least 2007 with no reason why. I think we can all guess as to why it's being held back....

good post. I am shocked Anchorbay is picking up this movie.

Yeah, I was shocked too. And I think it's a rather sad affair, that it seems as if the people putting this out are putting little thought to the production of this movie. The first two, were great fun. I remembered watching them when I was really young and enjoying them. And even now when I watch, I still really enjoy these films.
And I really do agree that these folks.. *cough* need to stop dragging some really good films and those fine people associated with said films, through all the muck, just to make a tiny bit of money. Because lets face it... The movie as it looks right now, isn't going to be widely adored with the horror community, thus... No one to watch it, no money.

Oh, P.S.
Thanks Meh, for the positive feedback. smile

I dont think Anchor Bay knows what there getting into by picking this one up.

I don't think so either. Which is really, too bad... sad

Anchor Bay picking it up?!  Something definatly strange is going down in AB.  First they screw up the MoH DVD covers and now this.  Something strange is afoot.

Looks like Anchor Bay would have learned something, Seeing how well Day of the Dead 2 did with us horror fans, Maybe they don't give a shit.

Well they obviously don't care how much fans like the original Masters of Horror DVD covers.

Maybe they know something we don't know.

The directors son emailed me today with some updates. http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6511.html

Luckily the US release date isnt for a while.  So we've got some time to prepare.  And I guess we got to the Day of the Dead remake to look forward to...bleh

Ha yea I like his comments.. Pretty obvious hes been to the board.. I can believe Anchor Bay picked it up.. I mean once again they are looking at the financial aspect of it.. There are people out there who like horror but don't pay attention to things like directors, cast, producers and whatnot like us hardcore fans do.

So they will see Creepshow 3 and think Wow those were great movies and buy it on name recognition alone. Thats what I think AB is thinking. They just want the money. It is a buisness sadly.

it is indeed a business but wont we all be blown away if it kicks ass? Yes I am playing devils advocate.

Indeed I think we all will be having to bite ourselves on the lip and take back what we said. 

And sadly this kinda stuff is just business.  If it wasn't for a second thought about Day of the Dead 2 and the wise words of our own Dean Valient and Uncle Creepy over at Dread Central I could have easily blown $20.

AB usually picks up great horror films.  Its sad to see them get drawn in by money like that.  It'd be really hard for me to play devils advocate on this film, theres not much to argue with.