Topic: Nightmare On Elm St Remake

Ive been watching the trailers for this movie and I think this might actually be a good remake. Especially if they keep the dark tone .
I do love the original freddy butlets face it. he got campy and comical with his one liners or over the top kills .

Re: Nightmare On Elm St Remake

Well, Robert Englund was never an Oscar nominee...... Jackie Earle Haley has been. So there is, if nothing else, the potential for a truly great performance. I'm skeptically optimistic for this remake. The have the right man for the job. Lets hope the director and writer give him material and opportunity to live up to that potential.

i just don't like why freddy looks at the end of the trailer, i still looking forward to this movie.

Well, Robert Englund was never an Oscar nominee...... Jackie Earle Haley has been

what the hell does that have to do with anything?

i think the casting of Jackie will keep me interested.

Two things (maybe three -- more on that in a second) have garnered my interest about this flick. 

1. Jackie Earle Haley.  Oscar nominee or not, the guy's an amazing actor.  From the Bad News Bears to Maniac Cop III to Little Children to Watchmen to his role in the new show Human Target, this guy has a real presence on screen, despite his diminutive stature.  As for him being an Oscar nominee, you don't have to be one to be a great actor and Englund is, despite semi-popular opinion, a great actor.  He just picks a lot of really bad films.

2. Clancy Brown.  I don't know what role he plays, but seeing him in the trailer got me just as excited as seeing Jackie Earle.  Another great actor, Brown, who never gets the props he more than deserves.  I'll watch anything with Clancy Brown in it.

3. I say maybe on this one because I'm not one hundred percent on what's in store, so I'm basing it on a line Haley says in the trailer, something like "What do you think I did?  I didn't do it!" It gives the impresson that maybe in this remake, Kruger's a wrongly suspected child killer who's just as wrongly executed by the parents.  This would explain why whatever higher power there is out there sees fit to let him take his revenge on the children of those who wrongly killed him.  And as great a flick as the original NOES is, I never understood what kind of cosmic justice or karma would allow someone to kill children in life, then let him keep on killing them in death.  If they play the "wrongfully killed" angle, I think it would make for a great little twist on the original story and add another layer of pathos, and motivation, to the character.

Last edited by LoudLon (2010-01-24 10:51:53)

Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy?

I'm there.

aceofspades70 wrote:

Well, Robert Englund was never an Oscar nominee...... Jackie Earle Haley has been

what the hell does that have to do with anything?

------------

Last edited by D@vid (2010-02-05 12:11:57)

I must say Freddy will be more creepier than ever. It could be great to see Freddy as a VILAN. No more fun, just revenge all the way! I'm looking forward to it, ...but Jackie..? I'm not sure why he been cast as Freddy. What he gots?
--
I would really loved to see Robert Knepper as Freddy! He's already a bastard!!!!!!!

I just saw the trailer again, it really has put me off it

I think the trailer looks amazing. I can't fucking wait to see the remake.

I hate most remakes, but I'm actually looking forward to this. Jackie Earle Haley is the only thing that has me interested in it.

smile

LoudLon wrote:

Two things (maybe three -- more on that in a second) have garnered my interest about this flick. 

1. Jackie Earle Haley.  Oscar nominee or not, the guy's an amazing actor.  From the Bad News Bears to Maniac Cop III to Little Children to Watchmen to his role in the new show Human Target, this guy has a real presence on screen, despite his diminutive stature.  As for him being an Oscar nominee, you don't have to be one to be a great actor and Englund is, despite semi-popular opinion, a great actor.  He just picks a lot of really bad films.

2. Clancy Brown.  I don't know what role he plays, but seeing him in the trailer got me just as excited as seeing Jackie Earle.  Another great actor, Brown, who never gets the props he more than deserves.  I'll watch anything with Clancy Brown in it.

3. I say maybe on this one because I'm not one hundred percent on what's in store, so I'm basing it on a line Haley says in the trailer, something like "What do you think I did?  I didn't do it!" It gives the impresson that maybe in this remake, Kruger's a wrongly suspected child killer who's just as wrongly executed by the parents.  This would explain why whatever higher power there is out there sees fit to let him take his revenge on the children of those who wrongly killed him.  And as great a flick as the original NOES is, I never understood what kind of cosmic justice or karma would allow someone to kill children in life, then let him keep on killing them in death.  If they play the "wrongfully killed" angle, I think it would make for a great little twist on the original story and add another layer of pathos, and motivation, to the character.

Very good point.

Is it just me, or does Freddy look a little small in the trailer?

The more I see of it makes me happy and when I went to see Shutter Island tonight they played a much longer preview for the new one and I can't f'n wait until the end of April!!!!

I really hope they dont fuck it up, I have a feeling that Im gunna like it though,

I'm not against them remaking this film, I just hope it doesn't end up being Friday the 13th remake which was weak.  I love Jackie Earle Haley and Robert Englund.  Award winner or not Robert's shoes are a huge pair to fill.  Far harder than just throwing on a hockey mask or Shatner mask and going to work.