Topic: Second Trailer For A Nightmare On Elm Street Remake

Today a brand new trailer for A Nightmare On Elm Street remake has been released by Platinum Dunes. Once again I think that the Dunes are showing us some very promising trailers that will definitely suck us into the theaters once again. Honestly I th...

Read More : Second Trailer For A Nightmare On Elm Street Remake

Re: Second Trailer For A Nightmare On Elm Street Remake

Looks awesome to me! I can't wait, although I usually like the PD remakes.
Plus I am there for any slasher, especially Freddy.
Best line: "Why are you screaming? I haven't even cut you yet"
That lines creeps me out just reading it.

WOW!! BAM!

Now that trailer packs a punch, that is so freaking awesome!! It makes me actually think this will be great big_smile:D.

"Why are you screaming? I haven't even cut you yet" - EPIC!

His voice seems a bit off to me too. However i think this will be awesome, i love the NOES films, but it will be cool to see a modern version.

Great trailer!  I agree with goon on the voice of Freddy.  I looks really good and I'll have to check it out.

Also agree on the voice - and make-up?!

Read the script, and my only 'complaint' which is evident in the new trailer, is the amount (a lot!) of these 'oh I'm dreaming - Freddy Strikes - and then I wake up to real life...' scenarios. And I mean, there's A LOT of these in the script. Enough where it became tedious.

Will see though.

I think the voice and make-up are suppose to look a bit different in the actual moive isn't that what they said? Also when he speaks in the first trailer his voice is different from this one, so I wouldn't be so concerned, it probably isn't his final voice.

FINALLY!!!!  aaaaahhhhhh so excited!!!!!

I keep breaking between curiousness and not interested. Just when I feel I might be getting to like it something happens to change my mind. The trailer was clever, yes, but... it worries me that a lot of the scenes are taken straight from the original. It's why The Omen/ Pyscho remakes annoyed the hell out of me because they were just literally shot for shot remakes, I really want this to stray from that path but the trailer has me worried that it's just borrowing heavily from the original.

I hope I am wrong though.

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2010-02-25 12:14:37)

Looks awesome! Jack will kick ass and take names in this movie as Freddy!!

Might be excited

Last edited by D@vid (2010-02-25 12:15:13)

Looks ok, just hope it isn't to much like the original.

OK i must say that after watching the trailers (forget about the bath scene), it looks more like a sequel than a remake to me, so it might be good to see kinda new stuff. Not a total mess,I just don't like the make-up FX on Jack (Freddy). I'm just saying to myself with all the remakes going on; "What's the future for horror movies".  i ONLY hope that in 5-10 years they gonna make a Versus with all of our characters in the same flick. I dreamed about that fact few years ago with Robert, Kane, Doug and brad dourif but i think we gonna have to deal with the new guys. hmm roll

D@vid wrote:

OK i must say that after watching the trailers (forget about the bath scene), it looks more like a sequel than a remake to me, so it might be good to see kinda new stuff. Not a total mess,I just don't like the make-up FX on Jack (Freddy). I'm just saying to myself with all the remakes going on; "What's the future for horror movies".  i ONLY hope that in 5-10 years they gonna make a Versus with all of our characters in the same flick. I dreamed about that fact few years ago with Robert, Kane, Doug and brad dourif but i think we gonna have to deal with the new guys. hmm roll

I know no one person has ever played him more than once until Rob Zombie's films, but Mike is not in there and this makes me sad. If all the baddies are in one film you musn't leave out Mike. And if Chucky is in there, Leatherface must be too.
...Sorry for going off topic, I'm just bored and thought i would mention that...I know that this isn't what the thread is about.

And Suspiria if you liked Sorority Row enough to buy the blu-ray I'm sure you will like this. I mean I haven't seen it either, but I'm sure it will be better that Sorority Row, even thought I did like that a lot as well. It's Freddy! And it looks more intense.
But I guess I will see...I hope I don't build my hopes too high.

I think too many people are down on the new make-up. I think it looks awesome! The realistic burnt skin looks great and is WAY scarier than the caricature that he became by the end of England's run.

looks awesome but the voice throws me off

Wow awesome! Made me even more excited to see the film! And I'm really happy that they used more clips of Nancy. She looks a lot like Emily Blunt to me. And I like Freddy's voice, it's JEH but I think it sounds evil in a Freddy-esque way. I am SO FREAKING EXCITED NOW!!!

WAY better then the first trailer, i actually think ill enjoy it now cuz of this trailer tongue

Rileyofthedead wrote:

Wow awesome! Made me even more excited to see the film! And I'm really happy that they used more clips of Nancy. She looks a lot like Emily Blunt to me. And I like Freddy's voice, it's JEH but I think it sounds evil in a Freddy-esque way. I am SO FREAKING EXCITED NOW!!!

I think the voice is ok as well. We can't really say til we finally get to see it.

I'm getting very interested.  I actually like the incorporation of the original familiar scenes with new ones.  I wonder if the long-armed Freddy in the alley and the blood spurting out of the mattress scenes will also be in it (2 or my favorites).  I have some hope for this one.

God dammit....:lol: Now I gotta go see this! This trailer was really good, but then Freddy popped up and I remembered what I'm probably in for. Hopefully this won't be a let down! or at least a huge let down hmm

Nah, I think Freddy should be OK.  Probably take a bit to get over the Englund model that's stuck in our minds.  Or braaaiiinnnnsss.

azathoth wrote:

Nah, I think Freddy should be OK.  Probably take a bit to get over the Englund model that's stuck in our minds.  Or braaaiiinnnnsss.

Well, I'm not going to give up on Robert, he IS Freddy, this guy is like the substitute to the great teacher at school, it'll be fine but will never be the one we got to know and love. But I'm gunna remain iffy on him until I see the movie tongue I do like Jackie as an actor tho.

Sometimes the passing of the torch is a sad time. 

(to me- where the heck did that come from?)

thats should be me as freddy damn him